Suspension lift w/factory airbags?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 07:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Suspension lift w/factory airbags?

I have a 97 F250 LD with an airbag leveling system in the rear. The bags are above the leafsprings. When installing a lift, does the bags affect anything? Some shops like ATV, years ago said they didn't make a lift because of the bags.
A truck shop said it shouldn't matter because if you use blocks or more springs, the bags sit on top anyway.
Also,this truck came with like only 2 springs in the back, is that because the bags help carry the load also?
I had a real heavy load in the bed once,motor,trans, and a bunch more car parts, and I blew out one of the bags. I turned the system off untill I could replace the bags, and man the ride was horrible. So bouncy. Why? other trucks i see don't have those bags, and I'm sure they don't ride like that. Different springs maybe?

stx

Old 10-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well after some research, I found out my own answer about the lift anyway. It wasn't a good one. Turns out I have one of those trucks that were kind of unique. I talked to RCD,Fabtech,and a couple of others. They don't make a lift for this truck. 7 lug wheels, air suspension in the back, front knuckles are different, blah, blah, blah,. They said pro comp made one, so I will try them, but they read to me footnotes that said, possible vibration 25 mph, and up, in 4w Hi. So I think i'm out of luck. And if I did go with say a body lift, I still have the rim choice problem. So I don't know what i'm going to do, I Love the truck, but its hard to add on to it.

Quick Reply: Suspension lift w/factory airbags?