suspension info

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking suspension info

listen im 16 and just got an 01 super crew 4x4 triton v8 5.4 liter truck and im pretty sure about jacking it up but need some help.
I AM GOING WITH A 6" FABTECH LIFT AND A 3" BODY LIFT AND 37'S OR 38'S FOR TIRES WHAT TIRES ARE THE BEST AND RIMS TO COULD I USE THE STOCK RIMS AND THROW THE RUBBER ON THAT. $$$ WHAT'S THE COST FOR 37 AND NEW RIMS AND WHO MAKES THE BEST. AND DUEL EXHUAST WHO KICKS OUT THE BEST RUMBLE. THANKS FOR FEEDBACK!!

Old 05-04-2006, 04:25 PM
your asking for alot of info but ill try and help you.....um toyo M/T and nitto mud grapplers seem to be tire of choice and they are really great tires. you CANT put them or any other 38 or 37 on a stock rim.....your going to need atleast a 10 inch wide wheel for them. those tires run anywhere from 320 each to 500 each depending on rim size

Old 05-04-2006, 06:05 PM
somebody is spending money

Man, can't wait to see some pictures but that is going to be costly Oh well, I am not done with mine and already spent $6,000...bad me

Old 05-04-2006, 06:08 PM
what all do you have done se12t??

Old 05-04-2006, 06:13 PM
listing

35" BFG AT, new 17" rims, 6" procomp, Warn Transformer kit, warn winch 9.5 XP, skid plate..I think that is it. Oh yes, I had 4wheelparts doing the install, could not do it myself.

Old 05-04-2006, 06:38 PM
dang....the winch and transformer mustve been expensive....

im paying 6500 a lil more or a lil less for my 6 inch lift (already bought) 3 inch body...4.56 gears....38 inch trxus a/t and wheels....and install....

Old 05-04-2006, 08:02 PM
winch expensive

yep the warn winch was kinda expensive but very usefull. Pulled those kids out of the mud without problems. The winch is around 1,500, add the kit and the install, you are looking at 2,000. Like I said, the install was done by 4wheelparts, so you add the labor to it.

yep, expensive, but I love the look of the front end, nobody has been cutting me off so far

Old 05-04-2006, 11:35 PM
Trxus A/Ts are completly useless offroad. If you are spending money spend it on something USEFULL.

Old 05-05-2006, 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by GTRider245
Trxus A/Ts are completly useless offroad. If you are spending money spend it on something USEFULL.
yep tires are completly useless for those who DONT go off road the truxus are great street tires. he might be spending the money for the look...that thought ever come through your incoherinet brain???

Old 05-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by chug4real
listen im 16 and just got an 01 super crew 4x4 triton v8 5.4 liter truck and im pretty sure about jacking it up but need some help.
I AM GOING WITH A 6" FABTECH LIFT AND A 3" BODY LIFT AND 37'S OR 38'S FOR TIRES WHAT TIRES ARE THE BEST AND RIMS TO COULD I USE THE STOCK RIMS AND THROW THE RUBBER ON THAT. $$$ WHAT'S THE COST FOR 37 AND NEW RIMS AND WHO MAKES THE BEST. AND DUEL EXHUAST WHO KICKS OUT THE BEST RUMBLE. THANKS FOR FEEDBACK!!

do kids today pay for anything? if you actually are and somehow have the money, wait until it comes time to replace tires and parts that the lift damages

Last edited by slimshady0479; 05-05-2006 at 05:11 PM.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Ok, what about my reply makes me incoherint? I stated that they were useless OFFROAD, which they completly are. And IMHO, if you lift a truck just for the look it is stupid to put Super Swampers on. Leave them for the people who will actualy USE them.

I can see how this can come from you though. Your username alone tipped me off, but its the strobes on your truck that really tipped me off as to what side of the truck world you come from.

Old 05-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Ok,if you lift a truck just for the look it is stupid to put Super Swampers on. Leave them for the people who will actualy USE them.
??? MOST people on this site and that have a lifted truck do it just for the look. I did it for the LOOK...I just wanted a 4x4 so I could go snowboarding and rip it up at the dunes....I don't do the hardcore wheeling, or the gay *** (IMO) Mud Bogging so i dont need the clearance. If it werent for people lifting there trucks to be cool, alot of these companies would be hurting for money. Why do you think TOYO M/T are on back order?? Thats all Im sayin.....

Old 05-05-2006, 09:16 PM
Ok, what about my reply makes me incoherint? I stated that they were useless OFFROAD, which they completly are. And IMHO, if you lift a truck just for the look it is stupid to put Super Swampers on. Leave them for the people who will actualy USE them.
ya and you also contrdicted yourself saying "If you are spending money spend it on something USEFULL." which would mean that buying the truxus a/t that i agree suck off road have no use on road. super swamper is a brand of tire with no quidelines by which to use them. someone buying the truxus a/t which are labeled as an ALL TERAIN and using them just on the street sounds like theyre getting what they wanted.

I can see how this can come from you though. Your username alone tipped me off, but its the strobes on your truck that really tipped me off as to what side of the truck world you come from.
and what side is that...someone who actually uses my truck AND has fun with it. i show my truck occasionally and i guess the strobes and neons i have are just unshow like. ill give that some thought

Old 05-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by twstd02
??? MOST people on this site and that have a lifted truck do it just for the look. I did it for the LOOK...I just wanted a 4x4 so I could go snowboarding and rip it up at the dunes....I don't do the hardcore wheeling, or the gay *** (IMO) Mud Bogging so i dont need the clearance. If it werent for people lifting there trucks to be cool, alot of these companies would be hurting for money. Why do you think TOYO M/T are on back order?? Thats all Im sayin.....
Lifting thier trucks to be cool...the exact type of person that gets ridiculed but REAL offroaders who actualy use thier lifted truck for what it is intended for. You make a good point, alot of the companies that sell suspension products make alot of money off of people who have too much of it and spend it, as you say, "to look cool". What I want to know is, by whos standard is lifting your truck cuz everyone does it make it cool? IMO it makes you a poser. But hey, you do your thing I do mine.

And as for the Toyos, for a long time they were the only tire made in a 40" and bigger that would run 18" and bigger wheels, which made them appealing to the "cool" people of the truck market. Granted, the Toyo Open Country M/Ts are a great tire with good traction capability and decent on road manners. All these factors combined contributed to the success of the tire line.

Old 05-05-2006, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by bigplayer6907
ya and you also contrdicted yourself saying "If you are spending money spend it on something USEFULL." which would mean that buying the truxus a/t that i agree suck off road have no use on road. super swamper is a brand of tire with no quidelines by which to use them. someone buying the truxus a/t which are labeled as an ALL TERAIN and using them just on the street sounds like theyre getting what they wanted.
Well, if you re-read his original post, he never says anything about where he intends to use the truck. I guess that was my bad for assuming he was going to USE the lifted truck and bigger tires. My mistake, I forgot what forum I was on

And if you ask me, the Trxus A/T should be labeled N/T...for NO TRACTION becuase they are absolutly useless ANYWHERE you run them. They wear much quicker than other all terrains and look rediculous.

Quick Reply: suspension info