Suspension Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 09:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suspension Question

i lowered the front end of my Lightning like 5 months ago (springs/shocks) the wheels were a bit slanted... you know... i didnt think too much of it. anyway, my ball joints were getting bad and the alignment was off, so i had them replaced and the truck realigned. so the machanic who did this said i need a Camber Kit (i think thats how you spell it) so he put one in. i guess it was to make the wheels stright, right?!? well now the truck looks like its at stock height. is it just me being stupid or did the camber kit really mess with the right height?

thanx for any help

Old 02-03-2006, 08:14 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by wizechef
i lowered the front end of my Lightning like 5 months ago (springs/shocks) the wheels were a bit slanted... you know... i didnt think too much of it. anyway, my ball joints were getting bad and the alignment was off, so i had them replaced and the truck realigned. so the machanic who did this said i need a Camber Kit (i think thats how you spell it) so he put one in. i guess it was to make the wheels stright, right?!? well now the truck looks like its at stock height. is it just me being stupid or did the camber kit really mess with the right height?

thanx for any help
I would not think it would. But can not say for sure. I would like to know for sure. Did you measure before you lowered and after, compared to what it is now? Someone on Lightning forum can probably give you close to what stock height at any one certain area might be. Then measure yours to see if it is back to that measurement. Hope you find out. Post any info you find, as I would like to know.

SCotty

Old 02-03-2006, 09:33 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
no the camber kit itself will not raise your vehicle, it probably just looks that way because your tires are straight now, good luck

Old 02-03-2006, 09:53 PM
Camber

I have had many camber problems with my truck. My own doing, I dropt it 4/5. It was likely a set of larger concentric bolts in the upper A arms that they put on. The camber kit would not raise your truck back up. But it may appear to have done so due to the negative camber. If viewed from the front of the truck the outter part of the tire (the part you see from the side) will actually be "higher" than the innter part. When leveled out or when the excessive camber is taken out it will effectively "lower" the outter part making the gap from the tire to the wheel well as viewed from the side appear to be greater, giving the illusion that the lowering was undone.

Quick Reply: Suspension Question