Body Lift Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 04:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body Lift Help

I am sorry, I searched all of the posts and couldnt find my answers. I am higly considering getting a 3in body lift for my 98 f150 scab 4x4. there is a guy down my girlfreinds road that said he would put it in for $200 and he just wanted to know if I will need a extension cable for my automatic transmission?, or if there are any other little tricks that are needed to be known?

Old 11-13-2005, 09:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It depends on what tranny you have. There was a tranny bracket included in my kit but I didn't need it. Get the Performance Accessories kit. It includes everything you need including steering extension and front and rear bumper relocation brackets. The only thing extra you need is a set of their Gap Guards to cover the 3 inch gap in the wheelwells.

Old 11-13-2005, 01:14 PM
Do you know if they sell those kits in Canada. Also, do you know if the mounting is the same on all the front bumpers for f150s, I dont know what mine is, I have looked at the ones around my town, and mine is different. In the opening in the midle, it is a lot bigger, I have only seen one other like it, do you know where it is from, or if it was an option?

Thanks for all of the help.

Old 11-13-2005, 10:06 PM
As far as I know, all the 97-03 F-150 bumpers mount the same. I assume the Performance Accessories kit is sold in Canada.

Old 11-15-2005, 04:48 AM
I have found a price at lordco in my town, It is called trailmaster, he said that everyhing needed is in the Kit. Has anyone heard of this company, are they any good?

Thanks so far for all of the help.

Old 11-15-2005, 07:54 AM
They are a good product, but not as good as Performance Accessories.

Old 11-15-2005, 11:28 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by wandell
They are a good product, but not as good as Performance Accessories.
i agree

Old 11-15-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by wandell
It depends on what tranny you have. There was a tranny bracket included in my kit but I didn't need it. Get the Performance Accessories kit. It includes everything you need including steering extension and front and rear bumper relocation brackets. The only thing extra you need is a set of their Gap Guards to cover the 3 inch gap in the wheelwells.
Hey Wandell, I am really considering buying the 3 inch from (PA). i got a copy of the instructions and read through them, sounds like you need alot of parts. Does the (PA) kit come with everyhting you need other than the gap guards. Do you have to take out the Rad to get to the body mounts. i looked at my front bumpers and am kind of wondering how in the H*** i am goin to get them off. I think i just need a little encouragment and reasurance. Any input you have please let me know, Thanks.

Old 11-15-2005, 02:13 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
There are two bolts on each side holding the front bumper on to the frame. What will most likely give you the most grief is the front rad support mounts. They are usually rusted tight. A lot of penetraiting oil, don't use WD 40, will go a long wat to helping loosen these bolts.

JMC

Quick Reply: Body Lift Help