To those with Rancho RSX shocks -

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 04:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To those with Rancho RSX shocks -

I just placed the order for some RSX shocks, and am looking forward to getting them. My 01 Screw has almost 50k miles on it so I'm sure they need replacing.

Just curious about any tips or things to look out for when replacing them, from those who've been there and done that....thanks.

Old 02-05-2004, 01:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I replaced my OE shocks with RS5000s just after XMAS.

Make sure you soak the bolts and nuts with WD40 or some other similar stuff.

The bottom bolts on the rear are 18mm, my RS5000s used 9/16 nuts on the tob bolt...I *think* the OE used 11/16 on the top rear.

Fronts should use the same size bolts, but cant remember just which...if you have a good set of deep sockets (metric and standard) I wouldnt worry.

I left the bottom bolt in until I had the top one out, because the shock just kept extending when I loosened the top bolt, and so the angle was at a point I could not fit the socket in there anymore. I just hammered it out after I got the top done.

Also some anti-sieze might be a good idea, just dont over do it (I think I put too much on one of the bolts on my rear shock and a few days ago I noticed my pass. side rear shock was missing the bottom bolt but not sure if the anti caused it...)

Quick Reply: To those with Rancho RSX shocks -