SuperCrew

Which Rancho Shocks come on the 03 FX4

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 01:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Rancho Shocks come on the 03 FX4

Are they the RS5000 or the RSX Rancho's? or perhaps something else like something made "special" for Ford.

Which would be better for a truck that spends 99% on the freeway and on in town roads?

TIA

Tom

Old 12-09-2002, 09:53 AM
My understanding is that they are a special "Ford only" item that doesn't correspond to any of the other Rancho offerings.

Personally, I have RS9000s on my truck, which may not be suited to your application. I do some towing and offroading, and enjoy the versatility that these adjustable shocks give me. I am sure that some of the others will chime in with shock suggestions.

Old 12-09-2002, 04:22 PM
You can check out this thread that I started awhile back asking the same question.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...ghlight=rANCHO

Doug.

Old 12-09-2002, 10:44 PM
Thanks DougS, Nice Post and connecting thread

NT

Old 12-09-2002, 11:52 PM
It's kind of a shame that we get scammed like that on the ORP package's. It would be nice if they atleast had a few cool thing's like...If you ordered one it came through and had the stance of a hummer or something would be a whole different story. Thing's I would like in an ORP....
*Actual off-road shock's-not a branded type/look alike's.
*Actual Skid plate's that really could take a beating . Have you ever gone underneath & really looked at these. Yes I did order them on my new truck because a little protection is better than none.
*Nice off road aggressive tire's with 33" at least.
*An actual different suspension that's different than the regular 4x4 with heavy duty t-bar's like on the 7700 pkg.
*Maybe a different more aggressive front end or bumper or something to set it apart.
*Locking differential's. Like Toyota has out. You can choose to lock or not.
*Manual lockout option with a floor mounted lever option. Yes I do like the switch conveince ,but were talkin off road gear here.
*Maybe a solid front axle option.

I do like the FX4 rim's but that's about all it has to offer as far as I'm concerned. You really don't get much ,but it's a marketing thing. I'm NOT saying the FX4 is a bad thing. Hell if the made it in an XLT in Dark Shadow Gray like my current truck is I would have fallin into one myself just for the rim's alone .

I'm done ranting for awhile
Fall

Old 12-10-2002, 04:37 PM
FALLSCREW I agree that would make a bitchin offroad package, but Ford know that most people would never use that much or need that much stuff and would not be willing to fork over the extra several grand it would take to offset the cost of all that stuff.

What Ford could do is do like a "Special Edition" truck with all the options including a lift, 4.10 gears, 33" mud tires, extra offroad lighting, a grill guard, winch, extra long travel suspention, locking differentials front and back, seriously upgraded suspention componets like heavy duty torsin bars and independent suspention componets, and so on and so forth...

They could call it "The Baha " or something like that. Hmmm that would cost about an extra 6 to 8 grand. But then again how many people would really use that. I would about 3 or 4 times a year other than that it would be on the pavement the rest of the year.

Old 12-10-2002, 05:42 PM
DC,
Yeh I know alot of people's truck don't see off road,but as far as spening the money for something awsome looking I think they would sell enough or they could make them order out only. Take a look at the Hummer H2. The Midwest dealership is about 5 mile's from my house & you would'nt beleive how many they have on the lot. I can't even guess , but they seem to be selling like hotcakes here because I see them everywhere. I think those run 50-60k but not sure. I also beleive most of those will never see any mud or dirt either. Mostly bought by the upper scale yuppie crowd. It's like the new SUV to be in I guess.

Trending Topics

Old 12-10-2002, 06:31 PM
I see the new hummers around too, there basically a "Hey look at me" type of thing. A Porse is just too small to stand out in a crowd so why not get a H2 instead?

Plus isn't it true that when you see a really nice SUV like that some woman with cell phone is driving it around who basically hates the dirt and will never even get the thing near a rock much less a large mud puddle.

Old 12-10-2002, 08:12 PM
dc,
Yeh ain't that the truth.

I work in sale's so I do alot of local driving. When I started there some of the guy's were like why do you alway's buy truck to drive. Why not a nice car ? I was the only truck guy. Well as of today there are 3 SuperCrew's & 1 SuperCab in our sale's force.
Ya gotta love it !! And all of them go in the wood's hunting & stuff so they get pretty dirty and mine get's dirty but they tease me about it because I go out in the farm field and it smell's like cow ***** the next day or until I wash it

Old 12-10-2002, 09:18 PM
DC

How's this, I live just west of St.Louis, last winter I saw a lady with a Hummer (yeah the 100K one's not the new H2's) she lost it on a on ramp and slid in the ditch, and the best part............. are ya ready for this........... she paid a wrecker to come pull her out you know he had to dying inside laughing when he pulled up and drug her out, she would've freaked if he got in and drove it out like she should've!!

Old 12-10-2002, 11:19 PM
Familyman,
Those are classic moment's to see. They stay with ya forever.

2 winter's ago I was on the highway in a bad snow storm,driving in 4wd when a BMW flies up behind me flashing his light's for me to move over because I was only going 40-45 mph ( it was really bad out)he flies by on the left giving me a dirty look. 5 min. later over the next hill he's flaggin me down and his precious little BMW is way off the road. I slowed down to almost a stop and then I said screw it I'm outta here !!! IDIOT !!!

Boy this thread really drifted off topic...Whoop's !!

Old 12-11-2002, 10:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Problem with a low volume truck is that the 6-8K of parts costs difference is a small part of what the price increase would be. Major changes to the heighth, stance and equipment/suspension would cost a fortune in government, safety and other testing.

FoMoCo can't afford the liability of not testing... if you buy it off the lot and do the same things, you don't have to test, and Ford is not liable....

Old 12-11-2002, 11:38 PM
That's a good point !

How did Chevy pull it off with there ZR-2 pickup. The regular one is an S-10. Both are 4wd but look at the dofference in component's. The suspension's are diff. What will work on a regular S-10 won't work on a ZR-2 . Hell I don't know,just a thought though.

Quick Reply: Which Rancho Shocks come on the 03 FX4