SuperCrew

installing a HD grille on Screw

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2002, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
installing a HD grille on Screw

Hey all,

I just bought a HD grille to put on my Screw....if anyone has done this, please let me know how it went, where you had trouble, things to look out for, etc....I'd appreciate it.

Just bought it off of eBay, so I should have it on sometime this next week.

Thanks.

Old 11-17-2002, 09:14 AM
i did the same thing to my 02 screw. The install was not that bad.
I am not the handiest person and i did it in about a half hour. You have to take off the whole shell on the fron of your screw. In order to do this you must take off the plastic sh%$ under the hood over the radiator most of the those screws come right out, then you have to take the side markers out, when that is done you will see between the bumper and the grill shell there are these clips that hold it in just pop those out there are also clips behind the grill it self they will also pop out. Use a screwdriver don't worry they pop back in. Now once the shell is off you have to remove the old grill just use a flat head screwdriver and some pliars. Before you put the HD grill on take the ford emblem off your old grill and put it on the HD to remove that you need some pliars. Then line your grill up with the shell and start snapping the clips in, be careful not to crack anything and do one clip at a time. then just reinstall everything And you have a simple but goodlooking mod.
if you have any questions feel free to e-mail me at xsaccx@aol.com

Old 11-17-2002, 10:01 AM
Thanks, I just found a step by step 'how to' doing a search....did you install an original from a dealershiip, or one from ebay?karkraft? how's the fit? Thanks again.

Quick Reply: installing a HD grille on Screw