SuperCrew

SCrew Generation?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SCrew Generation?

I just became a SCrew owner, had a SuperCab before. I occasionally see ppl referring to their SCrews as "GenI" or "GenII" or "GenIII".

Can anyone tell me from when to when each Generation was built?

Mine is a '01 with a build date of 11/'00.

Thanks all

Old 11-15-2002, 06:57 AM
I'm not totally 100% sure, but I think the Gen IIs were the first ones to get the rear seat head rests. I think the Gen IIIs had redesigned seat bolsters sometime in early '01. I may be wrong but surely this question has been asked 100 times already and probably there are many more answers too, you might try doing a search to see what pops up.

~DM~

Old 11-15-2002, 09:22 AM
I don't know when the Gen 2's & Gen 3's were built, but I know that I have a Gen 1. I have the old seats (no rear headrests), no ORP was available when I purchased, and my engine takes 5W-30, not 5W-20 like the later Gen's (which is a great thing!).

Old 11-15-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by DAVEMAN
I'm not totally 100% sure, but I think the Gen IIs were the first ones to get the rear seat head rests..

~DM~
Gen II's DO NOT have rear head rests....that was new for the Gen III's. It has to do with build date and i know i saw it on here once before...like the other's said...seek and ye shall find!
Good luck!

Tony

Old 11-15-2002, 04:25 PM
RebelYell - My truck was built 11/00 and I ended up with a Gen III with the headrests - dealer did not tell me that they had changed them because I really wanted the armrests on the captain's chairs and the back seat - yes, did you all know the SCrew used to have an armrest in the backseat?? I do like the looks of the Gen III captain's chairs vs. the Gen II. And because I did not know I was getting the Gen III, I did not get butt warmers either!!!!

Old 11-17-2002, 09:51 AM
OK...from the responses, I must have a Gen III.....'cause mine has headrests on the backseat.

Thanks all. It isn't really important to know what generation my truck is, I guess, but I was just curious. Isn't this site fantastic?

take care y'all

Old 11-17-2002, 03:25 PM
My truck was built in 6/01 and has the Headrest etc (GEN III)

Basically I belive the diffrence between the GEN I and GEN II is the front seats the captians chairs have fold down arm rest on the GEN I and the arm rest go away on the GEN II and get replaced by a wider center console.

There are several other improvements made though the model year as it was the first. Also the bench seat in the back used to have a fold down arm rest in the middle but that went away in GEN II or GEN III.

As mentioned above if you have the head rest in the back then you have the GEN III. Originally Ford left them out because (we belive) that they blocked the rear vision a bit. But because of numerous complaints and saftey concerns (many from this site before I even started to participate here) Ford put in the head rest.

I have a feeling that you will see multiple GENerations for the 2004 as well, everytime you start from scratch it will take a few years to polish things out.

Quick Reply: SCrew Generation?