SuperCrew

New tires for 2001 4x4 SCrew

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 08:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New tires for 2001 4x4 SCrew

First-time truck owner (2001 SCrew). Still have the original P255/70R-16 OHL All-Season tires with 80,000 kilometers (about 48,000 miles) on them. Am considering buying new tires. Use SCrew for mainly highway driving (about 70%). Do not use SCrew for off-road adventures. Live in Southern Ontario, Canada but truck in Northern Ontario also. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 10-24-2002, 09:03 PM
I replaced my Goodyear RT/S 17" (which wore badly) with Michelin Cross Terrains. Supposedly they are the only SUV/Truck tire with a mileage warranty (don't know if that is true, but is what they told me). At any rate, they are warrantied to 65K miles.

So far (2k) they seem to ride really nicely and have a great grip in the wet. I would say they handle much better overall.

Old 10-25-2002, 09:10 AM
I went with the Bridgestone Dueler AT's and have been so very happy with them. No more squeeling in regular dry pavement turns (3.55:1 LS) and so much softer of a ride. These have a milage warranty as well, I'm not sure if it was 50k or 60k. Wet condition driving compared to the goodyears is night and day. I would never buy the stock goodyears for any truck. I do not even think I would take them if they were free.

Old 10-25-2002, 10:37 AM
I agree that the goodyear RT/S are sucky tires.

The Bridgestone Dualer ATs are a great tire, not that expensive and are still really good for the occasional offroading. I had them on my last truck and know serveral others who have had them that say great things about them.

http://www.bridgestonetire.com/dpp/index.asp

I would have gotten these except I wanted a larger tire and they don't make them in the size I wanted. So instead I just ordered a set of Goodyear MT/R and by the hundreds of reviews I have read about them, so far no one has said anything bad. Probley the best mud tire on the market.

http://www.goodyeartires.com/catalog...ts/WRLMTR.html

Old 10-25-2002, 11:08 AM
I have the Dayton Timberline A/T tires LT265/75/16 . They had just been put on the truck when I bought it. So far I am very happy with them.

Bridgestone, Dayton and Firestone are all the same company and from the looks of the tread pattern it looks like the Dayton A/T and the Bridgestone A/T are the same tire.

The Dayton's I have, have no mileage warranty. Of the entire Timberline group of tires only the HT's have a mileage warranty (60,000).

Old 10-29-2002, 09:37 PM
Cool

I have the Michelin M/S for my truck, a great improvement over the Generals it came with. The M's fill the wells better, and the ride is great. I am a highway, mostly, driver, but some off road. Camping this past weekend in a rare Virginia rain, plenty of traction in the clay. Also, plenty of wet traction...

Old 10-30-2002, 10:37 PM
Wink

Many thanks for the info. from each of you. Local Ford dealer in my hometown has offered me four Michelin LTX for $987 Canadian (about $625 US) - includes installation, balancing and alignment). Am checking out the tires y'all mentioned.

Quick Reply: New tires for 2001 4x4 SCrew