SuperCrew

Anyone buy an aftermarket 'simulated wood' dash kit for their S'crew?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2002, 07:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone buy an aftermarket 'simulated wood' dash kit for their S'crew?

I have been tempted to purchase an aftermarket wood dash kit to accent the interior of my truck. I've seen these on eBay for about $150, and I think they look good, in the pictures at least. I am concerned that these may look pretty simulated, or fit poorly, or peel in the sweltering heat/humidity, etc..

Has anyone purchased one of these kits? I'd love to hear how it has worked, and what you reccemmend.

Thanks for the info!

'02 KingRanch 4x4
stock
23K problem-free, enjoyable miles

Old 10-20-2002, 09:11 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
First of all, welcome to f150online.... the best in on-line F150 information!

Also, I noticed that you had a KR. Very good choice (see signature line)

About the wood grain. I bought one on Friday. It is the exact one that is in the Ford accessories catalog however, they've discontinued it because it's only good for trucks w/o the electronic climate control (which I suspect you have being an 02). Here's a link to the kit I ordered...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...868061047&rd=1

Also, here are two links from the King Ranch forum that shows this kit mounted....

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...ight=wood+king
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...threadid=86139

It's not an elaborate kit (like some I've seen on ebay and elsewhere), it's simple and doesn't clutter the interior. I saw this kit installed and decided it was exactly what I wanted. It's simple and does just what I want it to do... add wood accent... not make the interior border-line gawdy (again, just my opinon).

Get what you think looks best.

I will be taking some photos once I get my kit installed but, that probably won't be until next weekend.

Feel free to come by and see us in the King Ranch forum!!

RP

Old 10-20-2002, 10:43 PM
Rockpick, Why did you get this dash kit when it states that it will not fit with the Climate Control Air?

Old 10-20-2002, 10:55 PM
Moderator &

Because the 01's don't have the climate control system... hence, I have an 01...

AKA, this will fit my truck and not an 02 KR.

RP

Old 10-20-2002, 11:01 PM
I did not know the 01 had no ETC system, SORRY! Well, wherew can I get one thats fits the ETC.

Old 10-21-2002, 08:11 AM
Moderator &

I'm sure that you could get one from Ford but, they're going to punch you in the nose a few times then steal your wallet. I don't have the most recent accessories catalog but, I would suggest a couple of places to contact about getting one...

First:

www.fordpartsnetwork.com

Second,

www.oemfordparts.com

Both great sites and numerous folks on the boards have had great luck with both. I've dealt with FPN several times and I will continue to go back.

Good Luck!!

RP

Old 10-21-2002, 08:47 AM
Ford, to my knowledge, does not make a kit for the EATC enabled trucks. That being said, the 03 King Ranch has the wood dash kit, and it has EATC. So, in theory, you could just order the part from the King Ranch and get what you need. However, it is not listed in the accessories catalog since it is stock on the KR.

Trending Topics

Old 10-21-2002, 09:40 AM
Moderator &

Just a tiny side note...

There is a kit for sale on ebay right now that will fit the supercrew WITHOUT ELECTRONIC CLIMATE CONTROL... I repeat, WITHOUT CLIMATE CONTROL. In short, you need to have the ***** for the HVAC.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1869982901

RP

Old 10-21-2002, 11:12 AM
I have a question about these stick on dash systems. If they are stuck on the original it seems to me they would look stuck on and protruding with the edges showing. am I getting the wrong picture here. I would like to have that look, but do not want it to look like I stuck it one. I believe I have seen pieces that replace the original, is that true and are they better, more expensive? Anybody know? Thanks.

Old 10-21-2002, 11:16 AM
Moderator &

I had the same question but, after looking at various pictures of this kit installed, it appears to be very low profile and hopefully won't have the protruding edges. Like I've said, I should have this kit installed by Saturday thus, I'll have some photos and some opinions soon...

RP

Old 10-21-2002, 12:18 PM
It does not look like it is protruding. I have the Ford kit on mine and it covers all the edges, making it look like it should. I believe the switch plates are replacements on the 03 King Ranch, but I have not seen one, so I am not certain. I have had comments on mine that it looks factory installed, so it does not look too bad.

Old 10-21-2002, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like a pretty tight setup. Whenever you get some good up close pics I would love to see them. Thanks again.

Old 10-21-2002, 01:44 PM
Moderator &

I'll hopefully have those pictures up and available by this weekend (god willing). I'll keep you posted...

RP

Old 10-21-2002, 05:41 PM
Here are a few closeups of what I have.

Old 10-21-2002, 05:42 PM

Quick Reply: Anyone buy an aftermarket 'simulated wood' dash kit for their S'crew?