SuperCrew

Anyone buy an aftermarket 'simulated wood' dash kit for their S'crew?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 03:35 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My dash kit arrived today via FedEx Ground. As dufunnel has mentioned in past threads, the kit that I mentioned above (the one that I bought and the one that is on ebay right now) is a genuine Ford Accessory. The part number is YL32-1604288-CA according to the hand written Ford label on the box.

I will say that this seller has had several kits on ebay over the past month but will only sell them one at a time and wouldn't sell me one outside of ebay. In short, I'm not sure how many this guy has for sale but, I suspect there are several. I noticed that the current kit is up over $50 (I paid $38).

Good luck if you're interested.

RP

Old 10-24-2002, 07:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one thing with these kits, if you don't use a heat gun or blow dryer while applying the edges will stick up too much. so be careful when applying the kit.

Old 10-24-2002, 07:56 AM
Moderator &

Thanks for the tip xsaccx...

Old 10-25-2002, 04:57 PM
Hey RockPick, thanks for the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...869982901&rd=1

I bid on it and won just a few minutes ago. I had no idea what the value of this way, so I just bid $20 more than the last guy and won it at $61 (now I see you only paid $38...damn!). It looks like a nice kit, and I felt pretty much the same way. I want to add wood accents to my interior without the "gawdy" look of fake strips of wood glued to every little nook and cranny. I mostly like the wrap-around bend to the door panel plates. Nice...can't wait till it arrives now.

Rock on...

Old 10-26-2002, 11:25 AM
Moderator &

azwebguy,

Congrats on the win. You still got an excellent deal on the kit in my opinion. I believe that if you get it through the accessory catalog that they charge around $200.

I'm planning on installing mine this weekend so, I'll post pictures soon.

RP

Old 10-26-2002, 08:11 PM
Moderator &

Hey folks. I got my kit in and looked at what it was going to look like installed inside my King Ranch. I'm not sure I like the look.

It's a SUPER nice set but, it just doesn't look right with my King Ranch interior in my opinion. I think I might sell it..... anyone interested?? Email me @ kingranch@hotmail.com

RP

Last edited by Rockpick; 10-26-2002 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-27-2002, 01:54 PM
Oh, man...now you got me worried. My kit should arrive sometime soon. But at least you know you can always pop it on ebay if it doesn't work out. What didn't you like about it?

Old 10-27-2002, 04:17 PM
Moderator &

No need to be worried. I just didn't like the dark wood look with my dark leather. Took away from the King Ranch look in my opinion. I think it will look EXCELLENT in just about any other truck but, I'm so darn picky about what I match up with the KR leather interior that it didn't pass my inspection.

Like I said, it's a SUPER NICE kit and all the pieces match VERY WELL on size to the panels... I just don't think I like how it looks inside...

RP

Old 10-27-2002, 07:41 PM
teebone,

I've given up on getting a genuine Ford part for my 2002 SCrew. I have the climate control and the only thing that will fit is the trim from a KR, and Ford wants $140 just for the radio area.

I did a Yahoo search on "wood dash" and found a large number of aftermarket sales outfits that have kits to fit a variety of F150's, including ones w/climate controls. Some of the kits have 24 parts that incl both molded and flat pieces, in real and simulated wood. They are pricey at $180-350. I suspect the quality of the cheapest ones may be a problem, but I won't know unless I order one.

I have molded real wood trim on my '96 Avalon that was added at the dealership. It looked nice until recently and now the gloss coating is cracking and the wood is bleached a little by the sun. In retrospect, I think the simulated wood trim looks just as nice.

Old 11-05-2002, 01:11 AM
Thanks for all the words of wisdom, greatly appreciated. I'll keep my eye out for one of the kits on eBay. Doubtful I'll use all 130 pieces, want just enough color to provide some contrast to the KR interior.

Would appreciate the pics of your finished job, of the mega kits sold on eBay.

Thanks again-

Quick Reply: Anyone buy an aftermarket 'simulated wood' dash kit for their S'crew?