SuperCrew

Ha Ha! I'm buying goodies for a truck I don't even own yet.

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2002, 01:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Ha Ha! I'm buying goodies for a truck I don't even own yet.

Just thought I would post, slow day . I've been demodding my Silverado and selling some things on E-bay and the GM forums. To date I've sold the UPD intake, GMS maf, Taylor wires and ASP pulleys I had on my Silverado. I'm still looking at the SuperCrews, can't wait!!!! From what I've seen, I can't get the 3.73 gears in a 2WD XLT crew. The 2WD lariats come standard with them according to the KBB website but they're not even an option on the 2WD XLT's. The Lariat has other benefits also, the power rear window, and other standard features that are options on the XLT. I guess I'm going to get the Lariat because I definitely want the 3.73's. Although, I just looked at an 02 Lariat Crew that had everything I would want except the 3.73's and it had the bench seat instead of buckets. Sooo, if I get a good price on it (which I should get it a invoice or darn close) with the 0% financing, I may have to really sweet talk the wife. I want to sell my Silverado instead of trading it in, it's worth about 3K more selling it and that'll help with the down payment. But I may not have time if the deal on the 02 comes in, the 0% ends the 30th. I've already bought a Magnaflow (pn-12258) muffler for the Crew, it's a single 2.5" in and dual 2.25" out style. I also picked up some 22" long by 3.5" chrome tips on E-bay, both tips were $20. Both the muffler and tips are new, not used. I picked up a used 5.4L intake off of E-bay for $10. All I wanted was the filter airbox for an extra so I can modify it. I'm going to open up the end of it , get a WMS Velocity tube and a Rush high flow filter. Next I need to buy the WMS velocity tube and then a Chip or tuner but I'll wait for that until I actually have the truck. I've got the parts sitting on my work bench and don't have a truck to put them on, lol. Sorry to bend your guys ears, I've got the Crew bug and I'm ready to bust .
Jim

Old 09-28-2002, 01:30 PM
I belive that ALL of the SCREWs with the 17" wheels will have the 3.73s.

Welcome to the Ford side of the force

Old 09-28-2002, 01:35 PM
Just checked that and your right, Im wrong.... Aint that some s**t

According to Fords web site you can only get the 3.73s with the 4.6 engine, there build your ford site will not let you chose the 5.4 with the 3.73s.

I was hoping for the 5.4 with the 3.73s, I guess we will see what its like in 2004...

Last edited by dcovell; 09-28-2002 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-28-2002, 09:42 PM
Things to think about. If you sell the truck on your own you have the hassles of people not having the money and calling you and not showing up etc.ect.ect You will also have to pay "all" of the tax money,but not when you trade. Sometimes it is easier just to hand over the keys and walk away with a new truck. Dealers also do courtesy trades which means you get a buyer for your truck and the dealer does the deal as a trade. Thats the best there is, thats what I did! Lets say you want to sell the truck for $23,000 and you have a buyer, now you take them to the dealer and the dealer does all the paper work as a trade for you. Now you just got $23,000 as a trade and saved all that tax money. The only thing you pay for is a MEC check about$150.00. The dealer goes over the whole truck for the buyer and checks everything to cover there butt and yours. Most dealers do not even tell you about this process. Good Luck

Last edited by Madd; 09-28-2002 at 09:44 PM.
Old 09-29-2002, 01:22 PM
Hey Madd! You're right about the selling hassle if I try and sell the truck on my own, it's a pain. I've never heard of the thing were I do a sale through the dealer as a trade in, I'll have to check that out. In Ca, the buyer pays the taxes and registration, not the seller. All I have to do is check the truck smogged checked, that's it. Usually, the buyer and seller make a deal and give the DMV a lower selling price than it really was to give the buyer a break on taxes and registration when they go to register it. I'm also an impatient person, when I list it, I want it sold. I hate to wait! The truck is only two years old though, the trade in value isn't much over what I still owe. I need to get more $$, that's why I will try and sell it first. I may just wait until Spring, by then it'll be paid down about 2K more and I'll see pics of the 04's by then. If I like them, I may just wait and get an 04 with the 3V 305hp 5.4L engine.
Jim

Old 09-30-2002, 10:21 AM
DCovell,

The 2003 SCrew XLT FX4 package includes the 17 inch wheels and 3.73 gears with the 5.4L v8. I know since I have one equipped that way. The 2WD set-up may be an entirely different story.

Old 10-01-2002, 09:54 PM
Mike,

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Jim

Quick Reply: Ha Ha! I'm buying goodies for a truck I don't even own yet.