SuperCrew

Colored Emblems

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Colored Emblems

I would like to get some colored emblems for my Dark Shadow Gray SCrew. To do it you have to pry them apart, sand the blue off then paint your matching color. I have heard that you can't do it on the newer ones. The part numbers they suggested are:

Tailgate: F2UZ 8213 B
Grille: E7TZ 9842528 A

Any suggestions on where to buy these cheaper than at a dealer. I don't like my local Ford dealer. I tried fordpartsonline.com but no match was found for these part numbers.

Thanks in Advance WebbDogg!

Old 09-27-2002, 07:55 AM
WebbDogg - if you go to the same website and know approx what year truck those emblems are for, then you can manually go thru the catalog and find the emblems. I had to do that for my "F150 Supercrew" emblems that I just acetoned and put on the front fenders. Go into the collision catalog, then exterior parts and so on.

Old 09-30-2002, 07:25 PM
KGM
Try this, I just sent him a E-mail about DSG. If you do the same maybe we will get somewhere. Havn't heard back yet. http://planetauto.homestead.com/emblems.html

Old 10-02-2002, 09:02 AM
Huh?

I had to do that for my "F150 Supercrew" emblems that I just acetoned and put on the front fenders.

Hey Lightning, just curious....why did you go from the previous badging? Are you selling soon or just looking for a change?

Chuck

Old 10-02-2002, 01:13 PM
1) Someone else had the acetoned SCrew badges on their front fenders and I really liked the way they looked. On a white truck on a sunny day, they almost blend into the side of the truck - I am very pleased with the way they turned out and I like the "Supercrew" up there - kinda different.

2) Tired of all the crap I was hearing about "posing". God knows I wouldn't want anyone to think I had a "real" Lightning, you know with the four doors and all

I do think I dropped 20 HP after removing them though!!!

Old 10-03-2002, 03:02 PM
Talking

Maybe I can outrun ya now LightningCrew! LOL!

Old 10-03-2002, 03:32 PM
yep, now that I got the boomin' system, there is no need to go fast - just lay the seat back and cruuuuuuzzzzzzeeeee.

Hey ATL guys - we need to get together again soon. Got an email from a new owner a week or so ago and he said the "other site" has a GA chapter, but have not heard about any get togethers. If you all hear of anything, let me know.

Trending Topics

Old 10-03-2002, 07:07 PM
The "other guys" that are members of the GA Chapter get together quite often. I made one trip with them to the GodFathers show in Conyers a while back and had a great time. I just don't seem to have enough time to be very involved.

Another Varsity meet or something would be cool, though. I could use a couple dogs, some rings, and a frosted orange!

Old 10-08-2002, 02:16 AM
I like the chrome look a little better than the color so I just boiled my Ford ovals for a few minutes and peeled away the logo. The raised ford lettering wasn't damaged at all and they look great with the accetoned badges!

Old 10-08-2002, 08:47 AM
Man, I would like to see that - pictures please!!!!!

Old 10-08-2002, 12:19 PM
quick question about the emblems

Hey there,

regarding the emblems themselves, I am about to try the flag oval emblem mod posted a while back by ShowYa, where he just applied a decal over the emblem, and then clearcoated over it.

On the emblems listed above by part number, do these fit the tailgate and grilles of a 2001 F150? and they pry apart? If so I think I may try to pick those up instead of applying over the top of the emblem.

Also, how do you guys get the existing emblems off your truck?

Thanks.

Old 10-08-2002, 01:16 PM
I used a hair dryer to heat it up and then pry it off. I was not planning on reusing the emblems that were on the truck, so I was not very careful pulling them off. The b!+c# was getting the rest of the tape off of the truck after the emblem was removed - just took some time to do.

Old 10-09-2002, 10:32 AM
That's why I think I'll just try and do the mod on the truck instead of wrecking my tailgate trying to get it off.....time to mask and cover the truck with newspaper...

Quick Reply: Colored Emblems