SuperCrew

Best soft toneau cover for Screw

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2002, 10:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best soft toneau cover for Screw

im looking to get a soft toneau cover for my 2002 screw. been looking at the extang ones...but there are a bunch of them...should i get the black max with the snaps or the tuff toneau III with the sleek lip design...any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Old 09-13-2002, 03:59 PM
The do not make the Tuff Tonneau III for the superCrew. The SABRE is the same type of cover (snapless) except it does not have the rotating tailgate piece like the TTIII

I think the quaility of the extang is a true winner and they have the best warrany out there (10 years on the tarp, lifetime on the frame)

When I buy, it will be the extang

Just my 2 cents

Joey "O"

Old 09-14-2002, 10:20 PM
ACCESS rollup cover

Old 09-15-2002, 08:48 AM
Can the acesss roll-up cover only be partially open or does it have to be all the the open?

Old 09-15-2002, 12:10 PM
I had an Extang "Black Max" on my 1st SCrew and absoluately hated it. The bows extended above the bed and looked terrible (to me). When the weather got warm the cover loosened enough that at least one of the bows would fall into the bed at highway speeds. During cold weather when I had the cover off and tried to put it back on I had to fight like hell to stretch it to fit.

I did allot of reading about Tonneau covers and decided to go with the "Truxedo" roll-up cover for my new Screw. It is very similiar to the "Access" roll-up or "Lite-Rider" roll-up cover. Any of these three are excellant covers. Use a search engine to locate their websites and read what you can on these covers. There are also several strings in F-150 forums addressing this very subject with plenty of useful info. I went with Truxedo because it has very similar features to Access, has been around quite awhile, has a lifetime warranty on the cover, and I got a great price ($349.00 delivered).

Old 09-18-2002, 08:13 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Mtnmike, would it be possible to get some pictures of your cover???

Old 09-19-2002, 03:08 AM
Galaxy,

I just received it via UPS and installed it yesterday. The fit is great and it looks good. I am very pleased. I will try to get some pics this weekend. In the meantime take a look at this website:

http://www.tonneau-covers-etc.com/Tr...au%20Cover.htm

http://www.truxedo.com/

http://www.carcovers4less.com/forfserpic.html

By the way I found the Truxedo for 359.00 shipped at Covers 4less. Then Emailed Tonneua Covers ETC telling them I could beat their price. They Emailed me back offering the cover for $349.00 dleivered. I then bought from Tonneau Covers ETC.

Last edited by Mtnmike; 09-19-2002 at 03:14 AM.

Trending Topics

Old 09-19-2002, 09:45 AM
Facts: Sportmasters has the best warranty! Lifetime on tarp and rails. Extang customer service is the best. Extang's bows are wider.Extang's rear tail rail locks in. Extang has improved there bows, they do not fall out. Extang has reversible snaps for summer and winter that no one else has, this helps in winter when the tarp is stiff as a board. Extang has two different heights for its bows, high or low. All in all Extang has the best tonno there is,that's why they are number one! Those snapless tonno's are a real b*tch to put on. My vote is for Extang, I am on my second one.If you really want a nice cover check out the Extang FULL TILT. www.extang.com

Old 09-19-2002, 10:30 AM
Bama;
Here's a shot of my Access cover. It's been on for two tears - - no problems - - I'm very pleased:

Old 09-19-2002, 06:09 PM
Hey FedExPilot, got a question for ya...What do you know about the 164th Guard unit there in Memphis getting C-5's to replace there 141's?? I'm a C-5 guy and was tossing around the idea of trying to get on with them if they do that. Have you guys heard and rumors/news around the community or the airport about that? Are you in the unit there also? There's alot of 'rumors' here in active duty but no real firm time frames. Just thought I'd ask. Thanks.

Old 09-19-2002, 07:33 PM
Wink

Galaxy;
The rumor is that they will get C-5's and move to the south side of the airport or (Navy) Millington (15 miles north). FedEx has pretty much surrounded them and $$$ doesn't seem to be an issue (w/ FedEx).Don't know anyone over there, but many/ most fly at FedEx - - I'm a retired Navy fighter pilot. Hope this helps ......

Old 09-19-2002, 10:08 PM
Are you guys hearing anything as to when they are supposed to have airframes "on the ramp"??

Old 09-21-2002, 02:47 PM
Galaxy;
Sorry, Haven't heard a thing. If I do, will shoot you an email.

Quick Reply: Best soft toneau cover for Screw