SuperCrew

Replacing Leather Seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Replacing Leather Seats

Just got my Lariat back from the Dealership for a free oil change and asked 'em about the wear on the seats ... similar to what others have posted here. They're ordering 'em no questions asked!!! And they're havin' a local upholstery shop do the install!!! For those of you in the Pittsburgh (the 'burg) area, this warrantee service was through Tom Clark Ford (Greensburg). I'm psyched - and likely to deal with them again!

Old 09-22-2002, 10:56 AM
wear on seats

I did not get in on the begininng of this thread. I have the cloth interior with 16,000 miles on my 02 supercrew. The edges of the front seats are balling up and showing wear already. I am wondering if the warranty will cover this. I do not believe that this is normal. Thanks for the info.
Shane

Old 09-23-2002, 10:28 AM
If you check with your dealer and express a little disdain then they are likely to replace them since they are so new. If they don't, go to another dealer. Then if that fails, call Ford customer service and complain. Then you will see some action.

Old 10-08-2002, 12:33 PM
Smile New Drivers Seat

Got my truck back last week. It was in for about 3 hours and had a new drivers side seat cushion replaced. It had some bad wear lines (cracks) and the stitching was coming out. The new seat bottom looks better that the original and seems firmer and puffier than the original did even when new. 31k on so far

Old 12-20-2002, 11:57 PM
I noticed my back aching a few weeks ago and tried to adjust the lumbar in the seat. The **** just spun. Why I didn't check it when I got the truck back? I don't know.

Tonight I took the seat apart ( I don't have time to leave my truck off at the dealer)and found the "Quality job one" mechanic did not properly attach the cable to the ****. Reattaching it did not solve the problem. So I took the seat back off to find that the Lumbar rack was broken and the cable was just hanging in the seat.

The M f'r broke it and then left it dangling since it could not be put back together. I now have 35,400 miles on the odometer and will probally have to fight to get it fixed when I get a chance. Now I definately have to leave it with the dealer. Everytime I get dealer service I find something amiss down the road. Missing screw under the seat. Plastic push fastener not set right. Had the mirror replaced in the spring and found that inside door release insert was not put in correctly, Oil change a couple of months ago found that the Mech dropped the plug and bent the threads so when I did it it wouldn't unscrew by hand. Dim wits.

Old 12-22-2002, 07:41 AM
leather replaced

At about 34k miles I had my leather driver seat bottom replaced under warantee without any hesitation from the dealer! The "spray on" leather that they use is quite a surprise, what cheap stuff, anyway hope it lasts another year and a half....

Quick Reply: Replacing Leather Seats