SuperCrew

Ford Molded Splash Guards

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2002, 01:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Molded Splash Guards

Ok guys, help me out here. I ordered the F150 4X2 Rear Black Molded Splash Guards (part #F65Z 16A550 DD) for my 02 Screw (4 X 2) but the holes on the Rear Splash Guards don't seem to line up with the holes on the truck.

The instructions indicate to remove the top screw from the inside of the wheel well which the instructions show it holding the black mold in place but the top screw is not holding the mold in place plus the Splash Guard hole does not line up with that hole.

Also, the instructions show to remove the second bottom screw but the Splash Guard does not even reach that hole?

Has anyone had this problem?

Do I have the right Splash Guards?

The fronts Splash Guards holes lined up perfectly so that is why I'm not sure about the rear ones.

Help!!!

I'm going to call the dealership Monday but just wanted to see if anyone has had this problem.

Old 12-01-2002, 04:22 PM
I believe that the front and rear splash guards are different ... maybe you got 2 sets of the front ones . I can't help with the install question though because I didn't put them on myself , sorry.

Old 12-01-2002, 04:31 PM
I seem to remember a similar situation when I put my splash guards on my KR.
I can't remind myself by going to look at it since it's 6000 miles away in Houston while I'm in the UK for a while.
I know the front set fitted perfectly but I seem to remember having to drill another hole for the rear ones. They've been fine ever since though !

Old 12-01-2002, 10:21 PM
I believe the beds are different on SuperCrews than on Flaresides or Stylesides. I don't know what you ordered, but you may have the wrong set of splash guards.

When you get them on, post some pics. I've been thinking of adding splash guards to protect my Gibson s/s tips. They stay sandblasted behind the tires...
-Michael

Old 12-02-2002, 11:07 PM
I bought the rear Ford splash guards but they fit so poorly I never put them on. I got a pair of husky guards and they were much better. Fit the fender better were slightly bigger and looked better.

Old 12-04-2002, 08:57 AM
Well the saga continues. I called the Ford Dealership and they ordered another set of rear splash guards that might fit. After they arrived, we went out to see if they fit, which they didn't. The parts guy looked in his computer but did not see anything else. He is currently checking to see what is up.

If I have to go the Husky route, will the Husky Rears match up with the Ford Fronts? Hate to have a mismatched set of splash guards.

Will post what the dealership finds out.

Old 12-04-2002, 09:45 AM
I had the same problem with the mud guards on my truck (2002 Supercrew). The husky ones will not match the ford ones. I have molded FORD ones on the front and back. There are two kinds of molded muds guards for the F150 line and neither of them were made exclusively for the SUPERCREW (rear mud guards) . One of the molded gurads don't even come close to fitting, however the other molded ones fit pretty closely. I had to trim a small piece off of the guard that covers the fender area and it fits like a glove. Not sure on what the part number it is but it the ones with a longer plastic piece on the extention of the mud guard fits the best.

Hope this helps.

Trending Topics

Old 12-04-2002, 12:55 PM
Rsav,

Thanks for the info. I'll wait and see what the Ford Dealership Parts guy comes up with.

It slays me that Ford would make Parts that don't fit. Even the Parts guy said that should be one of the reasons to buy Ford parts is that they are made for the truck.

I guess the Huskys are out unless I want to replace the front also.

Thanks again.

Old 12-04-2002, 02:04 PM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
When I ordered my '02 SCrew, the fleet salesman told me that Ford didn't make a mud flap for the new SCrews. He said they made one that could be cut to fit, but he recc. I buy the Husky's from a parts house. The Husky's fit great.

Old 12-04-2002, 03:48 PM
Yea if you already have the molded FORD ones on the front I would stick with the FORD molded on the back. It took me about 2 minutes to trip the flaps with a utility knife and they fit like they were made for the truck, plus they match the front.

Good LUCK!

Old 12-04-2002, 04:07 PM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
rsav,

I wish I'd talked to you before I got the Husky's. I like them, they fit well, but I'd rather have the factory Ford flaps.

Old 12-04-2002, 04:14 PM
I just installed Ford flaps to my '03 Screw. Front and rear were identical, as they were not molded, just flat.

The instructions had a template for drilling the holes. Had to be careful to follow the coding, as the template had different markings for the front versus the rear.

Only one hole was made to match up to a trim screw. But the template worked great. All the holes were where they were supposed to be.

The only thing I did different from the directions was that I used screws in all the holes, rather than those plastic holders. I also had to secure the trim (fronts only) on the very bottom with another screw. Moving the mudflap made the trim rock back and forth.

Old 12-05-2002, 08:11 AM
Rsav,

Would it be possible for you to dig up the part number of the Molded Mud Flaps you used on the back?

Would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Old 12-05-2002, 12:28 PM
I will dig through my garage to see and let you know.

Old 12-06-2002, 08:27 AM
I installed the rear Ford Mud Gaurds and had to drill a couple of holes, but otherwise they fit fine.
Good Luck

Quick Reply: Ford Molded Splash Guards