SuperCrew

Supercrew Rear Door Depth for Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2002, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supercrew Rear Door Depth for Speakers

Hey all - I am trying to replace my speakers in my rear doors of my Supercrew. Looking at Crutchfield, it appears that the allowable depth in the rear is smaller than the front doors. Have you all found this to be true?? It appears that the fronts will take a 2.5" mounting depth and most of the models I have picked out are this size, but CF shows that is too deep for the rear. Let me know what you all think so I can order these things!!! Thanks!!!

Old 09-06-2002, 12:45 PM
I haven't measured mine specifically, but it looks to me like they are deeper than the fronts. I replaced my front ones and took off the rears just to look at how they were installed and just from initial observation it looked that way to me. If I were you I would take a tape measure out and take one of the rear ones out and check. The rear ones are more straightforward in measuring depth, as I don't believe they actually get recessed into the doors. It looked to me like they were on plastic standoffs attached to the doors.

Old 09-06-2002, 12:51 PM
I replaced all my speakers with Infinity Kappa, in the rear just put a spacer between the back of the speaker and the existing mount. I had to shim the rear 1/4", no problem replacing the door panel.

Quick Reply: Supercrew Rear Door Depth for Speakers