SuperCrew

Fate Smiles... New 07 Lariat

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 10:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fate Smiles... New 07 Lariat

So over the weekend, I stop by my dealership to pick up a free tube of touch-up paint from my salesman. I had bought my '06 XLT Supercrew 6 months prior.

As I'm waiting for my guy to get free from some customers, I started looking around the showroom and see the beautiful FX4's and Lariats. As any XLT owner I'm sure can attest to, there's always some buyer's remorse when you dream up the additions you "should" have gotten up front, rather then adding everything after the fact. So as my salesman walks up and sees me drooling over a Lariat, he gives me the typical "so you wanna upgrade?", with that salesman's smirk.

To give you some background, 6 mos. ago I purchased the XLT and for whatever reason, the best financing option offered to me was 7.25% interest. No matter what scenario was offered. A couple months ago, someone put the bug in my ear that I should check my credit score and also get some sort of credit protection plan to guard against fraud and whatnot. After signing up for it and getting their monthly updates, I discovered my credit score had recently increased into the 800's (fico score).

So when the "upgrade" remark was made, my brain went into overdrive. I asked him to go ahead and price this Lariat I had my eye on, and let me know what the monthly payment would be assuming a 0% or 1.9% rate (the current deal). After the X-plan was applied (and some sort of loyalty rebate), the monthly payments came VERY close to what I was paying currently. My '06 was quoted as being pretty much equal to what was owed, so that was a wash, and not factored in.

So after some wrangling and discovering that I NOW qualify for either 0% or 1.9% (and wondering how I was going to explain this to the wife!), the deal was done. I also ended up getting the discounted x-plan extended warranty, doubling the bumper-to-bump warranty. So now with just paying $40 more a month, I'm the proud owner of an '07 Lariat!

Including: Tow Package, Chrome running boards, reverse sensor, Sunroof, AUDIOphile 6 CD system!, power rear window, universal garage remotes, tan leather, 20" wheels (Pirelli Scorpions), etc...

This is just the stock Ford photo of the color I went with: (new photos to come later)

Last edited by Nerd-ina-Truck; 06-05-2007 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Congrats! What a deal!

Old 06-05-2007, 10:48 AM
Sounds awesome, that color is really stunning.. Hard to pas up that 0%, I know... On with the pics!!

Old 06-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Cool... looks like you got the Lariat version of my '07 FX4. I love the color, but I am a bit biased!

It takes a bit getting used to the 20 inch rims & Scorpion tires. You can take turns at speeds you never thought possible in a Super Crew (or at least you couldn't do with 18 inch or smaller rims). I have to admit the Scorpions have proved themselves to be an excellent tire in a Utah snow storm, 4-Wheeling in Wyoming/Colorado, torrential down falls in Tennessee & North Carolina... I was amazed as how stable the truck was in heavy rain at 85MPH+

Old 06-05-2007, 05:19 PM
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
When going into a dealership we usually don't hear too many happy ending's like that story!

Old 06-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by PawPaw
When going into a dealership we usually don't hear too many happy ending's like that story!
Aint that the truth congrats on the new 07 LARIAT......

Old 06-05-2007, 07:51 PM
Here's 1st pic

Sorry... it was already dusk when I got outside with the camera... so the colors don't really pop. Next one will have to be in some decent sunlight.

Trending Topics

Old 06-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That blue looks a little different than the image posted above. I like the dark blue but why are Ford's color so off on their website.

I posted this recently somewhere else:

Look at Ford's Dark Blue Pearl.

Here is what the color really looks like.

Here is what it looks like on their site for the F-150.

Here is the same color on an Expedition XLT:

Here it is for the Expy Eddie Bauer:

Those are 4 completely different colors.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nerd-ina-Truck
Sorry... it was already dusk when I got outside with the camera... so the colors don't really pop. Next one will have to be in some decent sunlight.

You MUST tint the front windows... 30% matches the rear windows pretty good.... Nice truck

Old 06-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have the same color on my 2007 SCREW XLT! LOVE it & that color!

Old 06-06-2007, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by Nerd-ina-Truck

HEY, you stole my truck!!! Actually I just picked mine up yesterday afternoon, same color/wheel combo as you. Although I ordered mine with the bench seat, something I noticed that most people don't opt for. I still have yet to take any photos of it. I can't tell from the photo but is yours 4wd or 2wd?

Last edited by PMD GTO; 06-06-2007 at 12:49 AM.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:11 AM
more pics

It's a 4x2. Snow or heavy rains aren't typically an issue where I am so I opted out. I just use it for fishboat hauling and a daily/short commute to work. And you're right BlueFlareSide.... the colors on the Ford site are WAY off. It's very misleading to prospective buyers. Anyway, I really like the '07 Blue, although I would have bought the '06 Blue (grayish blue) in a heartbeat as well.

Here are some more pics...

And two more... of the Pirelli Scorpions and the 20" wheels.

Last edited by Nerd-ina-Truck; 06-06-2007 at 10:27 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Congrats on the new truck! Sounds like you got a great deal. And you didn't need that touch-up paint after all!

Old 06-06-2007, 05:49 PM
congrats on the new rig, i know you will love it more everyday!!!!!
wish they had the 0 % when i purchased mine , but i will never let that bother me .

time to start the mods

Old 06-07-2007, 01:35 AM
Beautiful truck!

Quick Reply: Fate Smiles... New 07 Lariat