SuperCrew

WTF Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTF Dealers

I talked to the salesman last week told him what I wanted to do he says no problem I think we can do that! I said I would be there saturday to make the deal !

he gave me the invoice price said he would buy my truck at kbb trade in value just bring in a copy from kbb website and he would honer it, sounds good so far ,
I show up on saturday we sit down to do the details he comes back with a super low ball trade in price and now wants 2 k over invoice for the truck I said WTF we had a deal he starts making all these excuses that they cant do that blah blah blah after driving 120 miles to get there I got pissed and left !

I wish there were some way to let ford know what a bunch of liars these **** head theives are ! and they wonder why they are so many people hate buying cars .

he probably figured that since I drove the 120 miles that I would just take his offer and run what a jerk !

I still want the truck should I try and have it transfered to another stealer?

Old 06-04-2007, 09:15 AM
A couple of things to think about.

1. You will always get low balled on a trade in from the dealer, regardless of good or poor the condition of your vehicle is in. If you can sell it out right, you'll be better off. The dealer knows you want out so they have the advantage. Also, take a look at some of the other used vehicles they are selling. If they are newer than your truck, then chances are they won't resell your truck themselves, they'll send it to another dealer or more than likely, throw it up on the auction block.

2. I'm in sales (not auto sales) but sales none the less. And there is always one thing to keep in mind, and that is Quota. If you can wait until the end of June, that will be the end of the second quarter. Most companies always do an "end of the quarter push" to get as much on the books as possible. The dealer may be a couple of cars away from a bonus or rebate. So, if they still have the truck you want at that time, you may be in a better position to deal. It sucks to wait but if you are looking to save some money, typically the end of March, June, Sept and Year End (Dec.) are the best times to buy a new car. I'm not saying that this will for sure be the case, but you will have a better chance to get what you want for a better price, and the dealer (depending on where their sales #s are) would be more likely to work with you.

Just some things to think about. Good luck!!!

Old 06-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by R986S
I talked to the salesman last week told him what I wanted to do he says no problem I think we can do that! I said I would be there saturday to make the deal !

he gave me the invoice price said he would buy my truck at kbb trade in value just bring in a copy from kbb website and he would honer it, sounds good so far ,
I show up on saturday we sit down to do the details he comes back with a super low ball trade in price and now wants 2 k over invoice for the truck I said WTF we had a deal he starts making all these excuses that they cant do that blah blah blah after driving 120 miles to get there I got pissed and left !

I wish there were some way to let ford know what a bunch of liars these **** head theives are ! and they wonder why they are so many people hate buying cars .

he probably figured that since I drove the 120 miles that I would just take his offer and run what a jerk !

I still want the truck should I try and have it transfered to another stealer?
This is a surprise to you?

If all you want is Kbb value for your car the best place you can try and get that is at a CarMax if they are in your area.

Then take the money from the sale and go wheel and deal for a OTD price on the truck you want. (In person not on the phone) Don't tell them how much you are putting down just get the total price of the truck. FIRST! Don't let them play what do you want your payments to be BS!!!! This is how they will get you. Work on the down payment details AFTER you know what the truck is going to cost.

The only thing you save on a little with a trade-in is tax. They will tax you on the amount of the new truck after the deduction of the trade-in value. Instead of the total price of just the truck.

Example:
A 30k truck @ 7%(tax) = $2100 in tax.
A 30k truck minus say 12k for trade = 18k(Taxable) @7% = $1260 in tax.
That = $840 in tax savings.

Old 06-04-2007, 12:20 PM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not all states do that tax credit for the trade in, such as Michigan. You pay sales tax on the full amount of the new vehicle. Next guy gets to pay full sales tax on the purchase of your used truck.

Anyway, use Ford's web site to get quotes for a truck from multiple dealers. All dealerships internet salespeople. All negotiation on the new truck can be done via email. Everyone will want to see the old truck before giving a number, though. Sorry, one man's excellent is another man's poor quality.

Old 06-04-2007, 04:33 PM
Now days, do all your dealing on the internet. That way you have a record of the negotiations "in writing".

At the very least, I demand KBB Private Party for my trade-ins. The dealer is going to offer you poor condition trade-in value. Just stick to your guns.

As mentioned before, older vehicles typically just go to auction. But in my opinion, that's the dealer's problem. If they want to sell the vehicle, they'll play ball. If not, just go to another dealer. They can always transfer the truck you want.

Old 06-07-2007, 12:18 PM
LRG
I totally agree with what jk007 said about waiting till the end of the month. When I got mine it was in the middle of a winter storm at the end of Jan. I think we were like the 2nd customers that day, it was 8:30 Sat night. We got a younger sales guy that wanted to sell. Bottom line they came down about 10K (truck is used btw) and gave me over kbb for my trade. I walked away very happy and relieved. I had spent over a month shopping for a truck and had walked out on countless dealers. Quite a few are dirtbags and almost all are out to get you, especially on your trade. The most important thing is to be patient and wait till the right deal comes along. Be reasonable but don't settle! The right deal is out there somewhere - you just gotta find it.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:17 PM
I have been checking around and talked to a dealer in Texas and he said july 2 ford is going to give better incentives to get the 07 off the lot!
I found another truck I want that it is not even on the dealers lot yet, I think I'm going to try and wait it out then jump on this deal on july 3rd!

Ray

Trending Topics

Old 06-08-2007, 09:27 AM
TNC
The '08's should start arriving in August. So, late July or August isn't a bad time to deal. You should go in ready to buy at your option. What I mean is , have your financing pretty much done. We usually go through the credit union so we don't even have to deal with all the other crap through the dealers. Car salesmen are a dime a dozen. They get hired and fired all the time. Rank right about the same as lawyers or counselors or maybe politicians.

Old 06-13-2007, 01:07 AM
If youd like a good negotiating point I found this website to be helpfull. (its not the normal forddirect, its xplan pricing for every vehicle on your dealers lot.)

http://www85.forddirect.fordvehicles...ms&sBrand=ford

With this youll know that any price at near or below xplan + incentives is a good deal.

Last edited by galveston1602; 06-13-2007 at 01:10 AM.

Quick Reply: WTF Dealers