SuperCrew

So I park my new 2007F-150 SCREW next to a new Tundra Today!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone seen the ads where Toyoda claims their framework is superior due to the integration of the fully boxed (front end), reinforced C (under the cab) and open C (under the bed)?

They're claiming that's one reason why the Tundra's "superior" to the F150.

Old 04-08-2007, 01:00 AM
To appeal to curiosity today, I went by to see what the big deal was with the new tundra. They had 2 crewcabs, one a limited sitting on the lot. From a first glance, it looked bigger in all ways to my 05 4x2 screw. So, I pulled my truck right up beside it and compared. Yes the crew cab is slightly bigger on the outside and I admit it's bigger in the back seat area. However, I'm 6'6" tall. As soon as I sat in the driver's seat, the balloon deflated. The darn windshield comes so far down I wouldn't be able to see the redlights even if I leaned forward. It lacks significantly compared to my screw in front visibility. The other deciding factor was the center console area is s/u like some kind of airliner. I don't need all the gadgets and holes/crannies they put for crap. I want and need an open console to swing out a leg, if you know what I mean. You can definitely tell the Japs don't know a thing about height concerns. After a considerable amount of time picking thru this truck(wanted to break out the ole' creeper to get a better look), I'm proud of the choice I made. Ford had the ***** to lead ahead with numerous new innovations back in 04', when everyone else was making crap, scared to experiment. I believe Ford's frame is the best(and heaviest), motor and tranny s/u to meet the demands of most consumers seeking med-light duty and keep some simplicity about it(other than the cigar plugs they put in the 3v engines). Toyota better hope they don't have many bugs in their new 5.7 all aluminum block and 6 speed tranny. I'm sure it's a nightmare to consider maintenance, much less any repairs, these beast hold the potential to have.

Old 04-08-2007, 09:20 PM
2007 Tundra Falls Short in NHTSA Frontal Crash Test Rating

In what may turn out to be a significant marketing and sales blow to the biggest vehicle launch in Toyota's history, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has released its frontal impact crash test ratings for the new 2007 Tundra full size pickup - only four out of five stars for driver and passenger safety. NHTSA tested the Regular and Double Cab versions of the Tundra, with the same four star results.

In the same test, the all new 2007 Chevrolet Silverado scored five out of five stars, matching the same five star scores previously earned by the current Ford F-150 and Dodge Ram 1500 pickups for driver and front passenger safety in a frontal impact.

Old 04-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by mossrock98

In what may turn out to be a significant marketing and sales blow to the biggest vehicle launch in Toyota's history, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has released its frontal impact crash test ratings for the new 2007 Tundra full size pickup - only four out of five stars for driver and passenger safety. NHTSA tested the Regular and Double Cab versions of the Tundra, with the same four star results.

In the same test, the all new 2007 Chevrolet Silverado scored five out of five stars, matching the same five star scores previously earned by the current Ford F-150 and Dodge Ram 1500 pickups for driver and front passenger safety in a frontal impact.
Ouch! (Excuse the pun)

Old 04-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mossrock98

Hmm... imagine that. All the leading trucks are American....

Old 04-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by RacingJake
I hope you didn't break Man Law 101.....never ever park your truck up front in a parking lot. Park it as far away as you can cause if not the Dent Fairy will get you
that is no joke I had the '03 F150 Supercrew and that thing only got dings from parking lots and then some one hit the side of it and scratched from the front of the bed to the end. Now I have an '06 and I park in the back away from anyone or anything.

Old 04-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by rodneygc
Now I have an '06 and I park in the back away from anyone or anything.
They will still somehow find you. Seems like whenever I try and park away from ppl, I can get the most deserted area, and when I come out, there's a gaggle around me. WTF.

Quick Reply: So I park my new 2007F-150 SCREW next to a new Tundra Today!