SuperCrew

Need Help! Subwoofer Box for 02 S-crew

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 04:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help! Subwoofer Box for 02 S-crew

Howdy! I wasn't getting any responses in the Subwoofer Forum.

I just traded in my 99 Mustang GT on an F150 Supercrew. Before I traded it in, I took out my stereo system and replaced all the factory equipment. Now I want to put the system in my new truck. I saved every last thing I need, except for one thing: a sub woofer box.

I have a Diamond 10" sub (500 W) that I'd like to put under the back seat. The only problem is that the magnet on it is HUGE. I measured it, and it's about 5 7/8 " total depth. I've been looking around online, and most sub boxes I've found only mount a 5 1/2" deep sub. Not only that, but I even just placed it under the back seat, and there is no way that it'll fit under there without some way to raise the seat higher off of the floor.

I've come to the conclulsion that I probably won't be able to use my sub in my truck and that I'll have to buy a new one. Can anyone recommend a sub box or subwoofer or both? I don't want to spend more than about $200 MAX on both items. Also, I want to stick with a SINGLE sub in the back. Right now I'm seriously considering the single 10" box from pickupspecialties.com . It's only $100.

As far as the rest of my system, I've got an Alpine head unit, Infinity Beta 6x8s for the rear doors, Infinity Beta Crossovers, and I'm powering everything with a Phoenix Gold XS 6600 amp. I had the same Infinity Beta 6x8 for the front, but with separate tweeters in the Mustang, but I want to get some 6x8 that have built in tweeters for the front doors. Can anyone recommend a brand/model?

Old 07-25-2005, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once in awhile you can find empty JL Audio stealthboxes. You might be able to use your sub in that box. Otherwise, JL Audio also has this stealthbox with a subwoofer already in it.

http://www.jlaudio.com/stealthbox/f150_supercrew.html#

Quick Reply: Need Help! Subwoofer Box for 02 S-crew