SuperCrew

Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 09:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Seat Covers

I own a 2004 Super Crew and live in Idaho. I really enjoy this vehicle, but after buying my truck, I immediately saw the need for seatcovers, front and back. The interior is tan, and anyone who has a tan interior knows all you have to do is spit on your seats and you have a stain you can't get rid of.

I looked at the local Wal-Mart, KMart, every parts supply store and catalog for quality seat covers and found absolutely none that were worth a tinkers dam. What I did find was totally on a hunch, and it really paid off.

I am not promoting this guy or his company, but I do feel compelled to inform hard working Ford truck owners of a person on EBay where I purchased my seatcovers. This announcement is to help protect your valuable asset and preserve sanity as well.

I was skeptical at first, but deceided to give it a shot. What I receved amazed me. I did not only receive seat covers, front and back (60/40 backseat) but all the little nice bits like seperate headrest covers and a center console cover as well. They are made of a denim material, double stitched, and reinforced around the lever and seat belt areas. On the front bucket seats, there is the Ford emblem silkscreened in black, dead in the middle - a nice touch. Their are tailors chalk marks on the inside of the covers, no biggy. The color was right on! In my case, a perfect match.

I installed the covers and noticed that they were a whole lot loose, but all the lines looked good and everthing lined up. My better half came along and said the covers would fit better after being washed and dried in the dryer. Man was she spot on! The covers fit on the seats and console like a glove! They snugged right up and look factory! The tailors chalk was gone as well.

Like I said, I am not promoting this guy or his establishment. I am not receiving any money, trades or benefits from him or his company. I feel that if a company has a superior product for a good price, and it is going to help protect our investments, then every Ford owner should know about it. I don't know about you, but I keep my truck in pristine condition because it has to last me. I can't afford to buy a new one every several years or so.

Go on EBay and type in "Ford F150" in the search box. This will take you to a whole host of parts. Narrow your search to a seller that goes by the handle of "peinvest". If you deceide to go this route, be prepared to answer a bunch of emails about your vehicle. Jason, the guy who emaild me can also show you color samples. I purchased and received them within two weeks, and am glad I did.

Old 12-20-2004, 04:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post some pics of them please....

Old 12-29-2004, 12:35 PM
They don't have any right now on ebay. What did you pay? Do you have any contact info. Thanks

Old 01-17-2005, 09:43 AM
Just bought some...

I just bought some from this fellow..havent received them yet, but i have heard good things about him on this board. Look at Ebay or check out universalseatcovers.com...this is where they come from.

Old 01-17-2005, 12:52 PM
about how much and what colors and details did you get?

Old 01-17-2005, 05:14 PM
Couldn't help but notice....

ever look at some of the photos? Looks like they got immigrants workers in a sweat shop

Tony

Old 02-02-2005, 11:32 PM
i just received mine today and went to install them and came across 2 problems...

1) the dang headrests in in the front captains chairs and rear headrests do not remove...i tried to pull them out so hard that i actually pulled one of the rear headrests and the anchor from the seat (and yes, the button was depressed the whole time)

2) i cant get the middle seat belt on the rear seats to release from the grasp at the base..i looked thru the manual and there is no mention of this releasing (i knoe it does somehow because it is a standard clasp but eith no button for release)

any ideas?

Trending Topics

Old 02-03-2005, 07:04 AM
2. There is a little hole to stick something through it and make the latch release.

Old 02-04-2005, 03:34 PM
So your having troubles with your truck.. not the seat covers!..lol

I saw those also and was going to take a runner on them. This post makes me feel a little more secure!

I'm gonna give them a shot !

Old 02-08-2005, 12:36 AM
Ford has some nice one' s for the front, but they are $150. I don't know about the rears.

Old 02-08-2005, 01:39 PM
i finally got the seat covers on...it was a pain in the a$$ too. But now that they are on, i am glad i got them...with 2 infants, they are a must to preserve the orignial seats...

one problem i did have that was an easy fix, was at the rear seat for the bottom (60%) seat cover, i had to cut the whole for the 2 lap belt connectors so it would wrap all the way around and velcro to the bottom of the seat.

i would recommend them...once you wash them and dry them, they shrink to the exact size

Old 02-09-2005, 12:15 AM
I've got an '05. To remove the headrests.... there's the obvious button on the right collar that allows you to move it up and down. There's a not so obvious button on the left collar that will allow you to remove them. You'll want to press both buttons and it'll come right out.

Old 02-09-2005, 08:38 AM
Seat covers

My mom used to have an upholstery shop, if the covers are a little loose on the initial fitting take a steam iron and run it over the coveres. Same goes for furniture in yoru house that's wringkled. The steam will tighten the fabric up.

BTW post pics, I wanna see! LOL

Old 02-11-2005, 11:11 PM
Thumbs up

Universal manufacturing is based in Puerto Rico and Miami, Fl. I've been a customer for the past 5 years and from my own experience all I can say is that their product is the best. My husband owns an Expedition 2000 and until this past Monday I was the owner of a F150 Supercab 2000 4X2. We've used their product in both our Fords and are extremely happy by the way the cover fits and the convenience of being able to put it in the washer and drier with no "after effects".
I' m driving now a 2004 F150 4 X 4 Lariat and as Kinggeorge III was extremely concern with my tan interiors. I got my new F150 on Monday and the next day I went to the plant(since the stores around were I live were out of stock) and purchase the covers for my truck. As you might expect, I can breathe easier now.
It's important to know that once you've installed the covers, you need to tie (underneath the seat) them down. They come with elastic string that you've to strap from front to back (on the back of the cover you'll find a elastic loop) and from side to side, so the covers remain firm in the seats.
By the way, GREAT SITE!!!
Maria

Quick Reply: Seat Covers