tire height to maximize supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2002, 01:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tire height to maximize supercharger?

Okay, this is driving my crazy, so I need the help of the speed freaks out there.

I need a different height tire.

I have finally figured out that the 31. 6 inch P265/75/16s that came with my 99' F-150 4.6L, not only have way too much sidewall flex but is also robbing my of faster take-offs.

Due to shortage of funds, I must use the stock 16x7 rims. Yet, with my pending magnacharger install, I need a tire that "helps" to increase my lowend torque, not rob it.

The Lightnings use a 28 inch tall tire. That seems very small. But, the supercharged truck is engineered for speed, so I was wondering if I should get a 28 inch tire? Will that help me accelerate faster? Or is there another tire height I should be looking at? Or should I get the stock height tire which is a 255/70/16 (30 inch tall)?

Thanks.

Old 06-01-2002, 05:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crash,

Once again, you provide a neophyte with pure gold.

I wonder, as business owners do the supporting vendors like yourself, get to "write-off" all the "pro-bono" work you all do here in the forums? ha! Guys like you make us money by saving us money with your expertise, yet cheap bast****s like myself have not paid you one dime.....yet.

Quick Reply: tire height to maximize supercharger?