Roush non/IC on an 09 5.4?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 02:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Crash!
The rest of it I make mistakes on, call me on it. I will own it or research it until I find the answer. You can call me on it, and I will respond. Don't throw a one liner in there and roll your eyes and expect me to take no offense to it. The way you respond to me is condescending. I just ask for mutual respect, no matter who is right or wrong.
I roll my eyes?? I think you take this internet stuff to personal. Again you post things it takes me one sentence to correct you. That's a one line reply no more is needed in response. Honestly I don't care how you take my corrections. I don't mean them in an attack, but I can't help how you interpret them. Its the internet hard to interpret anything.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:19 PM
If I knew you like I know someone like JMC, I would laugh AND learn.

But through the internet, all I see is a Master Technician with a blower that has done a lot of reading on these forums. Think about how YOU would react to your post before you post. BTW- How many blowers have YOU installed? Look, what the hell difference does it make if it is a $30K Shelby or a $60K Shelby when you missed the fact that the reason I posted was that who ever put that wonderful sounding cam in installed it incorrectly? You noticed the nameplate but missed the SMOKE out of the tail pipe. I wonder if they re-used the BEARINGS?

Right. Not only did you not fix it, You did not get paid for it. THEN it got sent to me to fix at the dealer! And then I had double trouble, 3-valve or 2...
Omg you are a whiney person. I've had zero other complaints but you go out of your way to **** and moan that you take me as a meanie. Yes I did notice the smoke. Did you notice he had a full blown race motor? I also mentioned that. Did you ever think "man I bet startup and idle is horribly rich with a monster cam like that".. I'm pretty sure a guy with 700+rwhp has changed the valve seals. I'm also sure it was black fuel smoke however I didn't rewatch the video. Maybe I'm wrong and you can prove me wrong and all will point and laugh as you say a witty infamous one liner telling me so!

Also including my truck I've done 4 blower installs on different vehicles. Although I don't see how that matters anyone on this site can do it with the right tools. There you go trying to make your epenis bigger, first trying to impress with certifications now with how many times you bolted on blowers.

I'm sorry you don't impress me and that pisses you off (I don't understand why you care who gives a f) and I'm also sorry random off topic post about prochargers in the last 15 threads bores me too. Just ignore my "one liners" when I correct you often and live your life.

Last edited by IR0NS1N; 05-25-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, that escalated quickly! I'm going to look at the truck first and them maybe call Troyer or possibly look at alternatives before I do anything. I just happen to have the Roush on hand but I know I could sell it quickly if I found and alternative. No hard feelings with any one here, I know people are passionate about what they know or think they know but in the end its still a good place to get feed back and some knowledge. If I decide to go forward (whether it goes on my F150 or I trade for the F250) I'll keep everyone posted.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:25 PM
Troyer is the man with Roush. You're in good hands.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by IR0NS1N
Troyer is the man with Roush. You're in good hands.
Took the words out of mouth. Troyer will take good care of you and can build you a great tune for towing with the blower.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:53 AM
IRONSN-
I am not butt hurt, I think you are just disrespectful. If you did that to me in person, I would smash your face to be honest.
I didnt read your story but thanks for the new sig LOL

You have no idea what my specialty areas are. And you are out of your league.

Last edited by IR0NS1N; 05-28-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:07 AM
And for the record, the installations include ProCharger, Eaton, Whipple, Vortech, Kenne-Bell, and Explorer Express Eatons.

4.2, 4.6, 5.4 6.8. Manual and automatics.
Which one fell in half???

You have no idea what my specialty areas are.
I bet the guys in prison do

Couldn't resist. Had to be done.

Squints2c I hope you at least got a laugh out of all of this. You are a new member and this is not how things use to go. But here lately it is becoming common place. Hopefully it will stop soon. 3 perfectly good threads have been wrecked in the last week and now yours. Oddly enough the stupidity posted in your thread this morning wasn't even related to your thread but instead to the other threads that were ruined.

Last edited by twinskrewd; 05-28-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by twinskrewd
Squints2c I hope you at least got a laugh out of all of this. You are a new member and this is not how things use to go. But here lately it is becoming common place. Hopefully it will stop soon. 3 perfectly good threads have been wrecked in the last week and now yours. Oddly enough the stupidity posted in your thread this morning wasn't even related to your thread but instead to the other threads that were ruined.
Yea this isn't normal for the site. Atleast from what I've seen. Sorry your thread turned to poop squints

Old 05-28-2013, 06:36 PM
Old 05-28-2013, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by IR0NS1N
Lmao!!!!

Old 05-29-2013, 08:37 PM
WOW, I'm just glad that I didn't ask about oil and when it should be changed....
I really just wanted it to tow (roughly 1500 miles a year) my keystone 31bhpr camper, 6500# dry. I have a low mileage KCab F150 with an electric fan and airbags, rancho 9000 shocks front and back. It does a great job and I know that the Roush will fit it with no mods. Really the only advantage the 250 would have would be the tranny and crewcab, so I think I have decided to just put the SC on the f150 and keep it.
I do appreciate the feedback and will prob ask more when I get ready to install. Right now I'm waiting on a drilled and tapped HB pulley that is on B/O. Thanks for the feedback.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:07 PM
6500 dry is a lot. Fully loaded I wouldn't put a blower on it unless you are prepared to possibly buy a trans or less likely an engine. You can hopefully get a tow tune that will allow for that much weight.

Talk with your tuner before you do anything.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:45 PM
Now, in your case, it will need supporting mods. You will want to add a tranny cooler for example... But tuning is the key, so call JDM. TELL HIM if you tow. Tell him how much you weigh and haul, and tell him how you drive and what you intend to use the truck for (Weekend racing for example). That way he can better serve you.
Quoted for truth! Holy shat ***** we agree on something.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:08 PM
truck came from factory with tow package so it already has trans cooler. No racing here, just pulling the camper in the summer and trips to lowes. Only has 42000 on it now so its not been abused at all. I plan on changing the fluid in the tranny and possibly a valve body kit in a year or so. I plan on have a tow tune and an economy if possible. Gonna stay conservative. If I want to go fast I have a Taurus SHO.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:41 AM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Here is my personal experience on towing with a forced induction engine. It makes it a hell of a lot easier. But....... Heat will kill the engine and transmission. The extra torque could snap parts that were not designed to handle it. Hills are killer because the blower kicks in and makes more power for you but the by-product is heat. It is pretty flat here so I don't have to worry about hills but they will sneak up and bite you in the ****. I drive 18 wheelers and ours have oil temp gauges. On long hills or steep ones we (obviously) down shift and that is when the oil temps rise.

IMHO stay away from an F-250 with a 5.4. Heavy truck smallest engine option.

Quick Reply: Roush non/IC on an 09 5.4?