advice for my lifted and supercharged F150

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was thinking the 12 pound pulley might be nice but I was a bit afraid that I could blow my engine with too much boost or something bad might happen so I decided maybe the stock vortech would be good. If I could run the 12 pound pulley and not have to worry about my engine blowing up or having to change out the fuel pump that would be ok by me. My other concern with the smaller pulley diameter was belt slippage, I actually called vortech a few weeks ago and asked if it would be safe and they said the belt might slip. This is something I am new to so I really do not know. It would be awesome making 400 horespower but I want to be on the safe side of things. Do you have any idea of what size belt I would need for that pulley, maybe I'll do this!

Old 08-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jemckinney
I was thinking the 12 pound pulley might be nice but I was a bit afraid that I could blow my engine with too much boost or something bad might happen so I decided maybe the stock vortech would be good. If I could run the 12 pound pulley and not have to worry about my engine blowing up or having to change out the fuel pump that would be ok by me. My other concern with the smaller pulley diameter was belt slippage, I actually called vortech a few weeks ago and asked if it would be safe and they said the belt might slip. This is something I am new to so I really do not know. It would be awesome making 400 horespower but I want to be on the safe side of things. Do you have any idea of what size belt I would need for that pulley, maybe I'll do this!
You will need to do a search on here on the belt size. I posted it before.. It's REAL tight but I got 12lbs with mineand drove it lik that for years.

Quick Reply: advice for my lifted and supercharged F150