So I plan on going to the track this friday...

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 12:11 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
im gonna guess 13.4 @ 107
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD
13.8 with a 2.29 60' at 100. Rained out :-(
I wasnt too far off

Old 08-29-2009, 12:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With DA correction it puts me mid to low 13's. at 101-103 as it sits. When I made that run I was watching lighting strike...yeah it was HUMID and still hovering around 90.

I have no doubt here this fall in some cooler weather and on my drag radials Ill be knocking on the door of 12's. Am I slightly disappointed? yes. I was expecting a 13.6 tonight. I might have got it if the rain stayed away. It's already dropped 10 degrees, and with more launching practice I might could have cut that 2.1 60' on the street tires.

Next time I'll also go for kill. The back of my truck was still FULL of crap, I didn't bother adjusting my tire pressure at all, when I got to the track my gas gauge barely moved off of full.

BTW,

Nice to meet you Jack, it's a shame you only got to run once before the rain hit. We will have to try sealy out next time maybe. If nothing else try and leave earlier to miss that retarded 5o'clock houston traffic.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:16 AM
this is a very educated guess.. 13.521 @ 102.112 MPH

Old 08-29-2009, 12:47 AM
BTW,

Nice to meet you Jack, it's a shame you only got to run once before the rain hit. We will have to try sealy out next time maybe. If nothing else try and leave earlier to miss that retarded 5o'clock houston traffic.
Nice to meet you Justin. To bad I didnt know I had to wear long pants or found out sooner that they were selling sweat pants at the track store. Go figure I make one run then get told I cant run again because I am in shorts, then buy sweats wait in line then the rain comes

My only run was a 14.11 @ 96 with a 2.18 60' time and this was after the damn truck went into limphome mode during the burn out, then hurried to stage and forgot to turn off OD when I restarted. sheesh it wasnt a good night for me figurativly speaking. At least the track manager gave me 2 free pass's to come back and I met a fellow enthusiast

Old 08-29-2009, 07:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Huitt24
Nice to meet you Justin. To bad I didnt know I had to wear long pants or found out sooner that they were selling sweat pants at the track store. Go figure I make one run then get told I cant run again because I am in shorts, then buy sweats wait in line then the rain comes

My only run was a 14.11 @ 96 with a 2.18 60' time and this was after the damn truck went into limphome mode during the burn out, then hurried to stage and forgot to turn off OD when I restarted. sheesh it wasnt a good night for me figurativly speaking. At least the track manager gave me 2 free pass's to come back and I met a fellow enthusiast
Interested in the truck going into limp mode during the burnout. Do you have any idea why it happened? I had a random similar experience with mine and have not yet figured out what caused mine to do it.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by Huitt24

Considering all of the drama, you still manage to make a very good pass Jack.

I wanted to go so badly, but just couldn't take off work early enough. I will try to meet y'all next time. It's about a 260 mile drive for me.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by GerRod

I wanted to go so badly, but just couldn't take off work early enough. I will try to meet y'all next time. It's about a 260 mile drive for me.
Damn that's a LONG drive just to come race! We will have to plan a meet there maybe in the fall, when the temps are down. HRP is one of the best tracks for times if the weather is right.

My highlight for the night, I beat a new camaro

Old 08-29-2009, 11:05 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by tarajerame
I'm gonna say a 13.8 or 13.9
13.8 with a 2.29 60' at 100. Rained out :-(

that was a good guess

Old 08-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by Marc Carpenter
Interested in the truck going into limp mode during the burnout. Do you have any idea why it happened? I had a random similar experience with mine and have not yet figured out what caused mine to do it.
Marc, I am still scratching my head on that because it has happenned to me a couple of times and the only comon factor is that I was close to the rev limiter. This was the first time it did it in a burn out normally it happens when I am in second gear getting close to 5800 when it decides to shut off. Unfortunetly I just figured out I can scan codes with out shutting the truck off but it hasnt happened yet to see what codes it pulls except in the middle of a race From what I have read it is either the TPS going out or the throttle body is going bad. I may pull the throttle body off tomorrow and look at the gears to see if there is any dirt in there(over 107k) and I may lengthen my TPS wires because they are kinda tight other than that i am at a loss.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by GerRod

We will have to get together in the fall sometime that would be fun. Heck my dad said he will take his SSR to play with also.

Old 08-29-2009, 01:21 PM
Perhaps the next meet up ill have my trailer finished and ill bring my other toy...

Old 08-29-2009, 07:36 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
I love HRP, with enough notice i'd definitely like to meet up with yall and see some fast trucks put me to shame

Old 08-30-2009, 03:55 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
I love HRP, with enough notice i'd definitely like to meet up with yall and see some fast trucks put me to shame
Pat, wait until you get a supercharger then you'll suprise some people

FatherFord that's a nice viper

Old 09-03-2009, 10:29 AM

This was my 13.8 run I beleive. The SS ran a 14.2 I think. He was spinning as bad as I was is what everyone told me.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Nice pics! I need to get my wife to show up so she can take pictures of my truck....lol

Quick Reply: So I plan on going to the track this friday...