Just Wanna Share

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 09:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks great, keep us posted and ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!

Old 07-25-2009, 10:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks, & yep ROLL TIDE. hit a major f'n wall now. i am beyond pissed.
i walk outside with this great attitude, like yea im gonna get this thing to work. open the door...no dome light. turn on the headlights...no dinging. walk to the back...no lights. hear my radar detector (plugged into cigarette lighter) come on, then go off twice. W-T-F!?!?!? try to crank it, not a single sound. all i hear is a relay constantly clicking. i tested every fuse under the hood & in the cab, they're all fine. i dont have a clue as to which relay is the problem (i'm guessing thats the prob) and i'm trying to find a diagram that shows their purposes b/c the manual only lists the fuses. im so pissed

anybody got any answers/suggestions??? HELP PLEASE

so i replaced the relay that kept clicking, idk if that'll do anything. my battery is still under warranty, but they want the vehicle there so they can test it all. tried jumping the truck off, but the battery was just so drained it wouldn't do it. so i take the battery down the street to tires plus & they check it and then they're like o we dont even have that one . so they send me to another one, and these guys said its gonna take a couple hours, cuz its dead so they gotta charge it up some then test it. so i'll prolly get my battery replaced, but that doesnt really solve anything.... idk why it died in the first place...?????

Last edited by fdimeroller; 07-25-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:17 PM
how exactly is your taillight LED bar wired up?
im assuming you just spliced the stock wiring into it, but it sounds like something is constantly drawing power from the battery

id check that wiring first..

Old 07-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by blackedoutV6
how exactly is your taillight LED bar wired up?
im assuming you just spliced the stock wiring into it, but it sounds like something is constantly drawing power from the battery

id check that wiring first..
yep, just cut the bulbs off and used the wires. gotta find a source of power for the LED tho. just for testing purposes last nite i used my other tag light as my +12v and ground to make sure the wiring works. but doing it this way means the LED will only get power when the tag lights are on. so if my headlights (or the click before the headlights) arent on, the LED wont work for any function. since idk of any wire in the rear that have a constant source of power, i think i'm gonna end up running a wire up from the front of the truck.... so i know its not the LED constantly drawing power, cuz i didnt leave my lights on overnite

Old 07-25-2009, 02:32 PM
so i just had a bright idea & went outside to try it. since there's no battery in it, maybe i can hook the jumper cables up to the Z, then just hook the other end up to the connectors/cables of the f150. so it gave it power, but it still didnt have enough to crank. since this is essentially my truck runnin off the Z's battery, it should've worked right...? but it didnt. maybe it was just another bad idea...? idk

since i can't do anything else to the truck, snapped some shots of it for u guys.
Name:  IMG_9087.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  86.8 KB
he took a dent outta the side of my bed, thats what the other patch is.

Name:  IMG_9088.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  72.5 KB
closer pic. lil more detail.

Name:  IMG_9089.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  71.1 KB
tailgate handle relocated. had to cut out the lower half of the tailgate to install LED. fyi, our tailgates are one solid chunk, that explains the weight. he showed me the piece he cut out.

Name:  IMG_9090.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  69.5 KB
what you'll see behind me

Last edited by fdimeroller; 06-08-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:09 PM
looks good.. you going to eventually drop it more?

Old 07-25-2009, 03:35 PM
i think you should have went ahead and shaved the emblem and the f150tag. but thats just me.

Old 07-25-2009, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by cheesepuff1
looks good.. you going to eventually drop it more?
hecks yessss!!! eventually gonna bag it someday. debating if i wanna drop it more before that "someday" comes, since those parts will be useless once its bagged. thinkin bout a 4/7 drop tho.

Originally Posted by jsvo5695
i think you should have went ahead and shaved the emblem and the f150tag. but thats just me.
i forgot to tell the guy to do that too
im thinkin bout leavin the ford oval, deff shavin the emblem tho.

soooo, new battery in, truck fired up. first time it didnt, that relay started clicking again. adjusted the terminal connections & it fired right up.
they said the other battery shorted out cuz it was so low. only had 2 amps in it after charging for 3 hrs

Old 07-25-2009, 05:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your battery saver relay went out on you. I can't remember what relay it is, but if you have your owner's manual, it shows the location of in inside the cab fuse box.

Trucks looks good man!

Old 07-25-2009, 05:20 PM
i think it would look cleaner without the badge and tag. also, itll look cleaner if you hide the tail pipe, either over the axel or out the side before the tire. i dont like roll pans and a tail pipe comin out. otherwise, definately unique!

Old 07-25-2009, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by dirtyd88
Your battery saver relay went out on you. I can't remember what relay it is, but if you have your owner's manual, it shows the location of in inside the cab fuse box.

Trucks looks good man!
that is the uncertain conclusion that i came to. there's only 2 relays in the cab, pulled one then pulled the other. one was clicking/faulty and that was it. battery was drained, not anymore cuz i got a new one. but i dont know what made the relay f up...? and idk if the new one is gonna do it too, cuz it was clicking once i put it in with the old battery....
but i do like lookin at the truck, so thats good enough satisfaction for the meanwhile until i get the light replaced

Old 07-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by migdaddy
i think it would look cleaner without the badge and tag. also, itll look cleaner if you hide the tail pipe, either over the axel or out the side before the tire. i dont like roll pans and a tail pipe comin out. otherwise, definately unique!
tail pipe is deff gettin cut off when i get my hands on a hack saw haha. IF i decide to run an exhaust on this v6, i'll jus throw a turndown on, cuz im not big on shiny pipes. and what tag...cuz i gotta have a state tag

Old 07-25-2009, 05:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fdimeroller
that is the uncertain conclusion that i came to. there's only 2 relays in the cab, pulled one then pulled the other. one was clicking/faulty and that was it. battery was drained, not anymore cuz i got a new one. but i dont know what made the relay f up...? and idk if the new one is gonna do it too, cuz it was clicking once i put it in with the old battery....
but i do like lookin at the truck, so thats good enough satisfaction for the meanwhile until i get the light replaced
And once you charge up the battery, it will stop clicking. They only reason it clicks is because there isn't enough juice flowing through it to keep it open/close (whatever the position is to bypass it....)

Originally Posted by fdimeroller
tail pipe is deff gettin cut off when i get my hands on a hack saw haha. IF i decide to run an exhaust on this v6, i'll jus throw a turndown on, cuz im not big on shiny pipes. and what tag...cuz i gotta have a state tag
You could lightning style it. If you wanted to......but I vote dumped.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:46 PM
o ok. thanks man! its deff gettin dumped. sometimes that creates a little drone in the cab, but i got something to tune that out

btw, i joined the v6f150 forum, like 6 days ago but i cant post/start threads or anything. kinda lame

Old 07-25-2009, 08:09 PM
i vote for the 4/7 drop asap!

Quick Reply: Just Wanna Share