Crossovers, better at the amp, or in the door?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2002, 11:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you say, "Behind the woofers" do you mean towards the arm rest or towards the door jam?
I talked to a Crutchfield tech advisor earlier tonight and he said some people put the crossovers in plastic baggies to keep them dry. He said the crossovers don't really even get warm so sealing them in a baggie won't hurt them. I thought about mounting in the kickpanels but I don't want to have to thread both the wires of the midrange and the tweeter through the door jams to reach the crossover. It must be a dream to install in a car.

Old 05-19-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Mike V

When you say, "Behind the woofers" do you mean towards the arm rest or towards the door jam?
Or did you mean right behind the woofer's magnet against the outside wall of the door?

Old 05-19-2002, 12:15 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

I meant "directly" behind the door speaker. So, if you take the door speaker off, it's staring back at you Just make sure to run the wires forward, and around the window channel before you hook the speakers up. I've seen a few people actually forget to do that, NO BS, LOL! They got a hell of a surprise when they rolled the window down, HEHEE!

Old 05-19-2002, 01:24 AM
Thanks 98.

I was thinking the same thing about watching for the window mechanism. That wouldn't be pretty!

Quick Reply: Crossovers, better at the amp, or in the door?