Polk Audio DB571

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 04:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Polk Audio DB571

i was wondering what people thought about these speakers like how long have you had them what do they sound like and etc

Old 12-12-2010, 06:24 AM
I have em in both my front and rear door in my Supercrew powered off of my Sony head unit. I like them a lot, definitely a big improvement over stock to me however I haven't heard too many different speakers so maybe someone who has a keen ear for audio can help out

Last edited by joh408; 12-12-2010 at 06:48 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:38 AM
X2 I put 4 in my 2010 Xcab and they made a big differance. I picked them up at crutchfield because they had a good deal on them. I got both sets with great instructions and adapters for $150 free shipping.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:08 PM
These speakers are outstanding. I have them installed all the way around powered by a alpine amp pushing 40W or 50W RMS, I forgot but they sound great, can't go wrong

Old 12-13-2010, 09:46 AM
I've had these in my truck powered by a Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD for about a year. About two weeks ago my passenger side front speaker started sounding like it's blown. It doesn't sound this way all the time. This morning I took the speaker door cover off and looked at it. Honestly I think the cone is rubbing on the tweeter stem (if that makes any sense). I'm going to take it out this evening when I get home from work and see if there's anything I can do about it. If not I think I'll replace my fronts with some component types.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by chance-alot
I've had these in my truck powered by a Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD for about a year. About two weeks ago my passenger side front speaker started sounding like it's blown. It doesn't sound this way all the time. This morning I took the speaker door cover off and looked at it. Honestly I think the cone is rubbing on the tweeter stem (if that makes any sense). I'm going to take it out this evening when I get home from work and see if there's anything I can do about it. If not I think I'll replace my fronts with some component types.
Also check your connection. You could have a loose connection causing it to sound blown or low in volume

Old 12-13-2010, 02:29 PM
Yeah the Polk db series are great speakers for the money.

I like the JBL GTOs as well.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by chance-alot

Same thing happened to me only a little different. When I have the music turned up, my passenger speaker barely plays music at all and it also sounds blown out when it does play. So I took out the speaker and checked the connection and it was ok so I switched it with the speaker in the rear door and the spealker from the rear door works fine so I think its my speaker that is broken or doesnt work or something. Im going to call and see what my options are as far as fixing it.

Other than that the speakers are great. I highly reccomend them!

Old 12-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by D's984x4
Im going to call and see what my options are as far as fixing it.
Let me know what they tell you.

After messing with my problem speaker a little yesterday I believe that my speaker went bad. I don't see my head unit having enough power to blow the speaker. Nor do I think that one was blown while the other three were fine.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:10 PM
I have had them for six months in the front of my super cru. They didn't sound like much with just the head unit on them, but with a 75w/ch Alpine, they perked up. I have Pioneers in the back and they sound pretty darn good as well. They don't have the headroom that the polks do, but they have better bass. The polks really sound great when I put a sub in there to add bottom end. The polks don't seem to be very good stand alone speakers, as they don't create much bass. They need a sub to help them out.

Old 12-20-2010, 01:25 PM
I've got DB's all around, coaxial in the rear and component in the front doors in my 08 Screw and I love them. I do have to agree that their low end is not that great but I have a sub for that. The high end is great though. Can't go wrong with polk for the money

Old 12-29-2010, 01:58 AM
I have the polk db6501 and db571 in my screw. They fronts with an amp have plenty of bass but they are super bright even with the cross over set at -3 for the tweeter. I've tried several positions of gain vs treble but don't have enough adjustability to make them sound the way I want. The db571 in the rear lacks in bass compared to the 6.5 in the front but has less brightness to it. Overall they are really pretty nice for the money paid. I have 170 in all 4 new. (thanks craigslist)
Powering them with the factory headunit didn't do them any justice. I liked the stock speakers better in the front vs the component when not giving it full power.

As for blowing a speaker you are usually more likely to do it by feeding it to little power rather then too much. The distortion and what not kills them. I'm running mine off a bench tested 108rms per speaker but have the gain at less then half what it could be.

Old 05-06-2015, 05:39 PM
How you separate the two. Cause I'm having the same problem with mine.

Quick Reply: Polk Audio DB571