Speaker placement

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 12:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaker placement

Hi was wondering if anybody has put additional speakers in their standard cab, and where. I have an 84 standard cab with just a speaker in each door... and with mud terrains and true dual exhaust, it seems like two speakers struggle to overcome. I currently have a sony something headunit thats maybe a year old, and I believe the door speakers are Pioneers that look fairly new but were in the truck when I got it over 2 years ago so idk much about them.
I was figuring I'd replace the door speakers with something reputable, and add two additional speakers somewhere... but honestly don't know where I could put them. Not looking for a sub/amp set up, just simply two more regular type speakers to help deliver sound.
Any help and ideas would be appreciated, thanks

Old 02-24-2010, 09:37 AM
whats your budget? you could replace the door speakers with a really nice 6.5 component and amp them with a 2 ch amp and i promise it would overcome your exhaust. i know a guy that has 2 focal 6.5 k2 components ($1,799 for the pair) in his chevy avalanche with a 1000 watt amp on them and thats all he has and it rocks your *** off majorly!

Old 02-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Budget wise I was thinking around 2-300 total. Maybe I should however look into replacing the door speakers with something pretty good and throw an amp in there? I never really knew regular speakers needed or could really benefit from an amp before blowing out

Old 02-25-2010, 09:25 AM
Old 02-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Yes, you dont need more speakers just more output from the speakers. A decent set of components and an amp. If you really want to go all the way, do sound deadning. floors doors and back will block more noise from the outside. That might actually be a better way to go since your not making more noise but filtering out what you dont want to hear the most.

Quick Reply: Speaker placement