Stereo Integrity BM pre-order: almost $100 off each!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by phattacorider
Those look like awesome subs! Look more solid than the JL and Pioneer slims. I can't see those fitting entirely under a seat without a seat lift since the basket diameter is so large. Hopefully someone will get them installed soon and prove me wrong! I can't wait to trash my Rockford P3 shallows!
they are smaller than a 13TW5 and there are a couple people that have 2 of those under a non lifted seat so yes they will fit.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by IH8ATTN
they are smaller than a 13TW5 and there are a couple people that have 2 of those under a non lifted seat so yes they will fit.
Actually these subs have a mounting depth of 3.5" while the 13TW5 has a mounting depth of 2.5". That says a lot when you consider the distance from the edge ofthe seat to the 'hump' under the seat going towards the rear of the cab after you've figured how much depth you need to use. In fact, this BM sub seems to be built pretty close to the shallow Pioneers in terms of dimensions, and I've tried to see if I could build an enclosure for two 12" shallow Pioneers and I couldn't come upp with anything. Then again, I know there are TONS of people better with mobile electronics than me. I'm waiting to see if mSaLL150 is going to use these subs and how his build/install is going to be.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:54 PM

Actually these subs have a mounting depth of 3.5" while the 13TW5 has a mounting depth of 2.5". That says a lot when you consider the distance from the edge ofthe seat to the 'hump' under the seat going towards the rear of the cab after you've figured how much depth you need to use. In fact, this BM sub seems to be built pretty close to the shallow Pioneers in terms of dimensions, and I've tried to see if I could build an enclosure for two 12" shallow Pioneers and I couldn't come upp with anything. Then again, I know there are TONS of people better with mobile electronics than me. I'm waiting to see if mSaLL150 is going to use these subs and how his build/install is going to be.
I've ordered 2. I've taken measurements and I'm 95% sure I will be able to fit them entirely under the seat (no seat lift).

Old 01-12-2010, 09:03 PM
msall do you know the wattage on these and if so would they work well with a jl 900/5 amp?

Old 01-12-2010, 09:09 PM

msall do you know the wattage on these and if so would they work well with a jl 900/5 amp?
they are rated 450 RMS in the .5 cu ft enclosure. A single BM would be perfect for the sub channel on the JL 900/5.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
they are rated 450 RMS in the .5 cu ft enclosure. A single BM would be perfect for the sub channel on the JL 900/5.

hmmmm tempting just awaiting shipping charges on them from the DIY site

Old 01-12-2010, 09:26 PM

hmmmm tempting just awaiting shipping charges on them from the DIY site
Its really a no-brainer. The only thing close to this is the JL 13tw5 which displaces less air, needs a larger box, and costs 2-3 times as much.

Mine is shipped across the country and came out to 30 bucks per woofer, so a total of $205 shipped per woofer....compared to $500+ shipped for a warrantied tw5.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:20 PM

I've ordered 2. I've taken measurements and I'm 95% sure I will be able to fit them entirely under the seat (no seat lift).
For anyone else, 95% wouldn't even be worth the gamble. But if it's your 95%, I'll take the chance. I had to upfire my Rockfords because the basket allowed me to build a box that cleared the rear humps under the seats. I just set the woofer under the seat to see if I was able to build a box around it, lol. I tried the same with a 12" shallow Pioneer and I couldn't do it, but I always build enclosures with 3/4" MPF under the magnet. Please let us know how you did yours, and please forgive the rest of us if we copy

Old 01-12-2010, 10:37 PM

For anyone else, 95% wouldn't even be worth the gamble. But if it's your 95%, I'll take the chance. I had to upfire my Rockfords because the basket allowed me to build a box that cleared the rear humps under the seats. I just set the woofer under the seat to see if I was able to build a box around it, lol. I tried the same with a 12" shallow Pioneer and I couldn't do it, but I always build enclosures with 3/4" MPF under the magnet. Please let us know how you did yours, and please forgive the rest of us if we copy
True, but who knows I run into problems all the time. I'm also a person who doesn't care if it sticks out 1-2 inches, so if you are unsure then don't order them. I cant be completely sure until I actually have the drivers. I'll see what I come up with and if it all works then you can buy...

Last edited by mSaLL150; 01-12-2010 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:49 PM

True, but who knows I run into problems all the time. I'm also a person who doesn't care if it sticks out 1-2 inches, so if you are unsure then don't order them. I cant be completely sure until I actually have the drivers. I'll see what I come up with and if it all works then you can buy...
I haven't ordered them yet. I'm totally broke for a while, which is the only reason why I'll wait. I'm going to wait and see how others will do their install. Also, I'm gonna print out the dimensions of the BM woofer since it varies from the Pioneer, and make a mock of it and see if I can get it to fit. I'm going to try fiberglass a bit of the enclosure for a better fit.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:43 AM
For what it's worth I am putting a pair of these in a 97 extended cab. I have done some rudimentary measuring and I can fit them with no seat lift but they will stick out about 2 inches from under the rear seat which I'm fine with but the seat would no longer fold flat which I'm not fine with. I am going to try to raise the seat and build the boxes so that my forward folding rear seat can be fully functional to haul stuff. After doing some research I chose to go with these subs in a downward firing enclosure. I am going to power them with a class a/b amp that puts out 500 watts mono at 4 ohms and is 2 ohm stable. I think it will be more output than I really need in such a small cab space but I am not a bass head. I am mostly trying to work out sound deadening right now before the subs ship. I have not heard these yet but I did sample some JL 13.5's which I would have gone with had not these been released. With nearly double the box volume, the JL would have been limited to one. After doing the math and reading the reviews on DIYMobileAudio these seemed like a no-brainer for the money. People have been waiting on these subs for a very long time and I seem to have gotten interested in building a system at just the right time, or not depending on what your definition of a "little budget system" is. I am in for two.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:59 AM
Hey, about time.

I have waited for these to be released for almost 2 years now I think.

Hey mSall150, How long until you recieve yours? I may have to pirate your box, hehe...

I only plan on running one, but who knows, we will see.

Thanks for the stock tip

Old 01-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I can tell you I have my box built to max amount without a seat lift. 3/4 mdf and the things is snug. I will take measurements today to see if the BM will fit. I was building it for the new IDQ 10D4v.3, until I read about these. I may have to build a smaller box, because I may have too much airspace. Box is around .89, so the BM needs between 300 -400 watts for this airspace. I just purchased a used zapco ref 500.1 (thanks mSall150 for the heads up) so to much amp. The front sticks out 1 or 2 inches, but I have the face on an angle pluse cut a 45 on top plate. I looks great. I have bottom sitting on top of hump, so 2 inch gap under box. I do have the ability to add additional 3/4 spacer to bottom of box if needed. If it fits, I will take box measurement again for yall. I modeled the foxbox but instead of using magnet caps, I added additional board on top across entire front of box.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:16 PM
are you pto up fire or down fire and is there any difference?

Old 01-13-2010, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by marcus1033
Well I can tell you I have my box built to max amount without a seat lift. 3/4 mdf and the things is snug. I will take measurements today to see if the BM will fit. I was building it for the new IDQ 10D4v.3, until I read about these. I may have to build a smaller box, because I may have too much airspace. Box is around .89, so the BM needs between 300 -400 watts for this airspace. I just purchased a used zapco ref 500.1 (thanks mSall150 for the heads up) so to much amp. The front sticks out 1 or 2 inches, but I have the face on an angle pluse cut a 45 on top plate. I looks great. I have bottom sitting on top of hump, so 2 inch gap under box. I do have the ability to add additional 3/4 spacer to bottom of box if needed. If it fits, I will take box measurement again for yall. I modeled the foxbox but instead of using magnet caps, I added additional board on top across entire front of box.
My buddy uses the Zapco ref amps, one is driving his IDQs and it sounds beautiful. The Zapco/BM combo is gonna blow you away.

I will be doing upfire. I've used both up and downfire enclosures, and downfire gives me way too much air noise at high excursion which decreases SQ a lot. Upfire seems to disperse the air better since there arent mounting feet in the way, I like it a lot better.

Devildog they are due to arrive at SI at the end of January and will ship immediately, so I'm expecting them within the first 2 weeks of February.

Quick Reply: Stereo Integrity BM pre-order: almost $100 off each!