10'' sub? 12''? Weeeeak!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 01:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Dillon
probably about two or three times a week i have more than 2 people in the truck so i use my back seat a lot. i do stuff with my buddies all of the time and i have to say it would be completely uncomfortable for all of us to sit in the front seats.
I hear this kind of thing ALL the time, from owners of Supercabs, and especially, Supercrews......

Yet, ever since I got my Supercab (was looking at regular cabs, but had to get an S-cab to get the options I wanted) I have gotten into this habit of looking at every S-cab and S-Crew that goes by me (which is about 500 a day) and it is so exceedingly rare to actually see somebody in the back seats of one, that when I do, I'm like {talking out loud} "Holy $#!+ ! Somebody was actually sitting back there ! I can't believe it ! Freaking amazing" !

I will always believe that the reason so many S-cabs and S-crews are sold, has more to do with what the majority feels is the "cool factor", than actual usage of the back seats.

Now, if I had an S-crew, and lots of $$$, I might wall it, and put in a 10Kwt stereo system
"THAT" would be good use of a S-crew

Peace,
Fish

Old 07-26-2009, 09:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered mine and it'll be here this week. It'll be running off my 500/1v2 so I'm hoping it'll sound good.

Here is a tip for all of you wanting this subs...... order it from cartoys.com -- they are an authorized dealer and the sub is on sale right now for $339. Can't beat that if you're wanting this sub.

Old 07-28-2009, 01:59 AM
Originally Posted by Fish Chris
Hey Dillon

I hear this kind of thing ALL the time, from owners of Supercabs, and especially, Supercrews......

Yet, ever since I got my Supercab (was looking at regular cabs, but had to get an S-cab to get the options I wanted) I have gotten into this habit of looking at every S-cab and S-Crew that goes by me (which is about 500 a day) and it is so exceedingly rare to actually see somebody in the back seats of one, that when I do, I'm like {talking out loud} "Holy $#!+ ! Somebody was actually sitting back there ! I can't believe it ! Freaking amazing" !

I will always believe that the reason so many S-cabs and S-crews are sold, has more to do with what the majority feels is the "cool factor", than actual usage of the back seats.

Now, if I had an S-crew, and lots of $$$, I might wall it, and put in a 10Kwt stereo system

Peace,
Fish
well then maybe most of those s-cab and s-crew owners that you see use them like me as a daily driver and they don't take like 3 or more people to work or school with them. those 3 or so times i use mine a week is mostly on the weekends with friends for driving to parties, road trips, etc.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:35 PM
I see full sized SUVs with only one person in them all day long. if you have a regular cab you are limited. but if you have an super cab you have much more possibilities. its a much better deal if you can afford it, and they look way more propotionate.

a supercab and crew cab may not be used every day but once every couple weeks is plenty worth it.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:44 PM
My 2 boys like the full doors and room in the back. the fact that my son can't kick my back seat is awesome. So with all friendlyness fish, Why the hatred of my truck? I say mine because you slam Screws. I like it, the family likes it so I am good to go.

Last edited by mixedbreed; 07-31-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:09 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Fish Chris

Peace,
Fish
Fish I assume you are middle aged, maybe single? Some of us are younger, use the backseat plenty. Trips to Tahoe, hunting trips, hell just mashing around town on weekends....my backseat sees lots of use. It is not a "cool" factor, it is a practical factor. And I still have a top notch system in my truck.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:55 PM
He is a 47 or 48 year old man with a cool truck but he is stricken with ADHD. And crazy opinions. Does that sum it up fish?