finally a system!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
x2. I would stock Audiobahn too. Those street junkies love that chrome crap.

I'd also stock cheap amps with high power numbers like Power Acoustik, Boss, Lanzar etc. High schoolers love that stuff, being able to say "i have a 3000 watt amp" when it might actually push 700-800 tops.
I had a kid come in yesterday saying he had a 3200W audiobahn. When I asked him what it was fused for, he said with a huge air around him "2 40's, more than anything you got...". I immediately got out my Eclipse XA1200... Then whipped him on math and showed him what 1/0 looked like. He left in awe.

Originally Posted by scottbigred
isnt that what your running??
BURN!!!

Old 12-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by Low_e_Red
I had a kid come in yesterday saying he had a 3200W audiobahn. When I asked him what it was fused for, he said with a huge air around him "2 40's, more than anything you got...". I immediately got out my Eclipse XA1200... Then whipped him on math and showed him what 1/0 looked like. He left in awe.
Dont you work at CC? That place is designed for encounters like that. Itd be like me saying I clowned this kid in coloring in the lines while working at the special needs elementary school.
Although I must say that I go to CC often (only place with a real Verizon store inside, where they can help you in english) and see some pretty absurd stuff. There was a crew of nignogz trying as hard as they could to destroy the audio room by turning on every Kicker sub and eventually walked out with some box that had lights in it, claiming "is gon be da hottest bish on da block".

Old 12-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Technical Article Contributor

isnt that what your running?? i thought i read that you were going to replace it with an Arc audio or something of the like though.
It is what i am/was using, and i bought it in high school. The funny thing is that it is rated for 900 watts @ 2ohm, yet i have the gain almost pegged just to push two JL w1s. Plus the fan on that amp is so incredibly loud, i hate it. Thats why I'm saying tis crappy, i've seen it (and had to deal with it) first hand.

Its replacement is on its way actually as i tpye. Its something you guys have never seen.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:40 PM
once i let the funds stock pile itll be time for me to actually get a decent set up in my truck. all you guys with your NBS have it easy. itll be a bit more difficult for me to fit all that stuff. never seen amps on the back wall of my body style. dont think theres room. so far im thinking one or two pdx 1000.1 and one pdx 150.4?? I also like the ID 12s. i dont wanna lift the seat all that high. one or two subs i just dont know. ill wait and start my own thread when the time comes. untill then ill just sit back and listen and try and pick up on some things.

Scott

Old 12-11-2008, 01:10 AM
once i let the funds stock pile itll be time for me to actually get a decent set up in my truck. all you guys with your NBS have it easy. itll be a bit more difficult for me to fit all that stuff. never seen amps on the back wall of my body style. dont think theres room. so far im thinking one or two pdx 1000.1 and one pdx 150.4?? I also like the ID 12s. i dont wanna lift the seat all that high. one or two subs i just dont know. ill wait and start my own thread when the time comes. untill then ill just sit back and listen and try and pick up on some things.

Scott
theres a guy with 4 12's behind the seat of your body style...

Old 12-11-2008, 10:18 AM
Does he still have a usable back seat??? i don't wanna give up any space. and would like it mostly if not completely hidden.

Scott

Old 12-11-2008, 04:23 PM

It is what i am/was using, and i bought it in high school. The funny thing is that it is rated for 900 watts @ 2ohm, yet i have the gain almost pegged just to push two JL w1s. Plus the fan on that amp is so incredibly loud, i hate it. Thats why I'm saying tis crappy, i've seen it (and had to deal with it) first hand.

Its replacement is on its way actually as i tpye. Its something you guys have never seen.
4 days and counting!

Old 12-12-2008, 03:54 AM
4 days and counting!
You have to tell me now. Its returning the favor....

Old 12-12-2008, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Low_e_Red
You have to tell me now. Its returning the favor....
fine but you gots to keep it a secret until i get arrival pics.

Quick Reply: finally a system!