MTX Amplified Thunderform w/Stock system

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MTX Amplified Thunderform w/Stock system

I've got Kenwood 6x8's in all the doors, but using the factory single cd head unit.

Anyone have/know if the amplified Thunderform would overpower the factory head unit??

Second choice would be the powered Kenwood KSC-SW1, I'm pretty sure that would work no problem.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by Banedog
I've got Kenwood 6x8's in all the doors, but using the factory single cd head unit.

Anyone have/know if the amplified Thunderform would overpower the factory head unit??

Second choice would be the powered Kenwood KSC-SW1, I'm pretty sure that would work no problem.
You can always turn down the gain on the amp. I would go with the thunderform so you have a sub with some room to grow if you decide to do more to your system later.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:59 PM
I have heard of some guys going with them. They all said that it was a nice setup. It depends on how far you want to go though.

Let everyone know what you end up thinking, whichever way you go...

Old 11-14-2007, 07:54 PM
Where the hell would you even fit that KSC-SW1?

Old 11-15-2007, 07:49 AM
That's a good point about future expanding w/the MTX. Hadn't thought of it that way before.

The KSC-SW1 should fit perfect under the rear drivers side seat... There's kind of a little dip in the floor right there that's just the right size.

I'm leaning towards the MTX though... since I'll be taking up floor space either way.

Last edited by Banedog; 11-15-2007 at 07:54 AM.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:09 PM
I have the MTX non-powered but I've changed the sub out and I'm using a 500/1 JL amp. The MTX sub didn't like the JL amp very much. If you're just running the sub with your stock hu, they should work well together. You will be left wanting more in the future.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:31 AM
Done

Well I went ahead and ordered the Kenwood. After studying the pics for a while, I just can't give up the space. That turned out to be the deciding factor. And the Kenwood seems much easier to take out and store if needed.

Thanks for all the input...

Hopefully I won't be selling this thing on Ebay in a couple weeks and going back for the MTX! LOL!!

Old 11-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by Banedog
Well I went ahead and ordered the Kenwood. After studying the pics for a while, I just can't give up the space. That turned out to be the deciding factor. And the Kenwood seems much easier to take out and store if needed.

Thanks for all the input...

Hopefully I won't be selling this thing on Ebay in a couple weeks and going back for the MTX! LOL!!

If you do, LMK - I'm tossing my 12" MTX up for sale.

Quick Reply: MTX Amplified Thunderform w/Stock system