What front door speakers do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 12:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.audiopulse.com/products/components/rmb

This should make for a nice door midbass driver!

Old 09-07-2007, 01:30 PM
DRJ
N E 1 hear the old polks? I loved the way those sounded....and for the price it was great! the newer polks aren't up to par with their previous ones...however just my .02

Old 09-07-2007, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by torqueaholic
http://www.audiopulse.com/products/components/rmb

This should make for a nice door midbass driver!

Have you seen a price for these. Isn't Audiopulse the new name for TC Sounds. I'm attempting to get two 10's from them if still available. at the old price not the 100% marked up ones.

Old 09-08-2007, 11:19 PM
First, torqueaholic...I hope you are not affiliated with TCS or now...AudioPulse. They suck for doing that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next, to the original poster...if you want a good and inexpensive coxial, you need to get a pair of Pioneer REVs, by far worth every penny that you would spend on them from Ebay.

Old 09-09-2007, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by brypink2
Next, to the original poster...if you want a good and inexpensive coxial, you need to get a pair of Pioneer REVs, by far worth every penny that you would spend on them from Ebay.
What made you go with the Pioneer TS-C720PRS?

Old 09-09-2007, 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by anaheim_drew
Price, good reviews, price, wanted to try them. They'll be gone if I dont like them.

I wish the new Alpine SPX-17PRO sets would come out, I want to try those too.

One day I'll go back to a multi-thousand dollar set-up again.

Old 09-09-2007, 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by brypink2
Price, good reviews, price, wanted to try them. They'll be gone if I dont like them.

I wish the new Alpine SPX-17PRO sets would come out, I want to try those too.
One day I'll go back to a multi-thousand dollar set-up again.
But with all of your system changes, an audio noob trying to set up a clean system based on your posted info can get lost very fast..hint hint

Old 09-09-2007, 01:26 AM
The BIGGEST and MOST IMPORTANT thing to remember when it comes to audio is "What sounds best to you?". Find that and you are one step ahead of the rest.

Sure, you want good build quality...but it all boils down to your ears.

The only way to find that "best" is to try, try, try, change, change, change...you get the point. There are ALOT of other factors too, but it's ultimately up to you and how **** you are about things.

You want a "clean" set-up...concentrate on your cables and connections. This is one reason I like Zapco's Symbilink...it's a balanced line, virtually no unwanted noise. Plus, the added bonus of less power needed for desired results. Don't believe me...just ask dconder...he found out this past week when messing around with his Zapcos.

Last edited by brypink2; 09-10-2007 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the additional information guys. I might look into those pioneers, but I am leaning towards Boston Acoustics or Polk's. I may do the components again, but I think I have a bad taste after putting up with these tired Infinity components I have been listening to. I mounted the tweeter in the door above the round speaker and put the crossover in the armrest. I just don't know if I want to mess with all of that again. I feel like putting a 5x7 in would be easier and probably give me good sound. But then again I am looking for quality sound, so I may do the components. I sound confused, don't I?

Old 09-26-2007, 03:03 AM
I've got the same set in my Screw... I love them to death. I had a set it my Altima SE-R, then moved that set into an S-10 I had with a little blow through project I had going, and bought a new set for my current truck. I can't say enough good things about them. Beat out a lot of high end stuff I've owned. When I say high end, I don't mean Rainbow or F1 Alpine... but MBQ Premiums/Q series, Boston Pros, Alpine Type X, etc. The Pioneers take the cake in my opinion.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:12 AM
Originally Posted by mikey7182
I've got the same set in my Screw... I love them to death. I can't say enough good things about them. Beat out a lot of high end stuff I've owned. When I say high end, I don't mean Rainbow or F1 Alpine... but MBQ Premiums/Q series, Boston Pros, Alpine Type X, etc. The Pioneers take the cake in my opinion.
I have read a lot of great reviews on them. What did you pay and where?

Old 09-26-2007, 12:20 PM
stock bitches!!!!!

crappy midbass
poor imaging
horrible brakeup

chea as hell tho

Old 09-29-2007, 07:47 PM
I have read a lot of great reviews on them. What did you pay and where?
I want to say I paid $220 shipped from sonicelectronix... I've done a lot of business with them over the years- it's owned by a guy named Nate Victor. I think I was like his 36th customer ever or something and drove from AZ to Cali to pick the stuff up I bought back then (Alpine CDA-7998, Type X 5.25" components, V12 amps, etc) so he always remembers me and hooks me up for helping him become a millionaire lol. I think the price has gone up on them everywhere I've looked, but you can still pick up a pair for about $250 shipped or under. I may actually try out the new Alpine type Xs, so my Premiers might be for sale PM me if you're interested, otherwise check them out here:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...S-C720PRS.html

They'll usually 'price match' within reason, so tell them you saw them for $240 shipped on ebay or something and they'll probably go for it.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by mikey7182
I want to say I paid $220 shipped from sonicelectronix... I've done a lot of business with them over the years- it's owned by a guy named Nate Victor. I think I was like his 36th customer ever or something and drove from AZ to Cali to pick the stuff up I bought back then (Alpine CDA-7998, Type X 5.25" components, V12 amps, etc) so he always remembers me and hooks me up for helping him become a millionaire lol. I think the price has gone up on them everywhere I've looked, but you can still pick up a pair for about $250 shipped or under. I may actually try out the new Alpine type Xs, so my Premiers might be for sale PM me if you're interested, otherwise check them out here:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...S-C720PRS.html

They'll usually 'price match' within reason, so tell them you saw them for $240 shipped on ebay or something and they'll probably go for it.
new type x?

Old 09-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Alpine SPX-17REF... 6.5" 2 way components. This years' model of the SPX-177Rs. I've heard good things about them so I may try them out. I like to try out as many new things as I can without losing too much money ... lol

Quick Reply: What front door speakers do you have?