Installing factory sub in 05 F150? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing factory sub in 05 F150? HELP

I have a 2005 F150 ext. cab and an Pioneer Avic D3 head unit. I also have a factory subwoofer that i bought and want to install into my truck. How do i kno if the wires to install it are there (where do I look) and if they are not there how do i get it installed? Thanks to whoever helps

Old 08-29-2007, 05:43 PM
Technical Article Contributor

mmm that could be tricky. the stock wires for the sub, if you have them, will be inder the carpet under the back seat on the drivers side. the thing is that its a 10 pin connector that goes into the back of the stock HU, and i dont know if you can hook it up to your aftermarket HU. (awesome HU by the way, D3 is sick). You may want to consider an aftermarket 10" sub, the factory sub is pretty weak.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Sub Wiring

Many of the 2005 F150's came pre-wired for adding the Subwoofers. If your have a extended cab, or S-Crew, lift the back seat behind the drivers. Near the back wall under the seat near the seat support barcket closest to the door, you should see a little "L" or "X" slice in the carpet. Lift the tab up and stick your finger in reaching towards the back. You should feel a wire bundle, pull on that bundle and a gray connect should pull forward.

Also, if you pull the radio bezal off, you can see a wiring harness that leads up towards the back of the Radio. On this bundle you see a gray plug that is taped down to the bundle. It will look like it is plugged into another connect that is taped to the harness, but it is a blank cap, just unplug this connector and you'll see the connector that it is plugged into doesn't have any pins.

These would be the wires for your rear sub. Note the wiring colors are different from the rado to the actual sub see attached image.

Good Luck. Tazz

Old 09-17-2007, 08:16 PM
If you dont get this to work do you wanna sell your factory sub? thanks

Old 12-09-2007, 09:38 PM
ANy luck in getting this working. I would like to find a factory sub to put in my truck.

Quick Reply: Installing factory sub in 05 F150? HELP