Elemental Designs Issue / Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 12:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Elemental Designs Issue / Need Advice

Guys,
I know I have been touting the greatness of Elemental Designs, but I am not really happy with their service at the moment. On February 20th, I ordered two 11kv.2 Dual 4 Subs. I got an email from them that my item was scheduled to ship and be delivered on the 23rd WITH A UPS TRACKING NUMBER. The 23rd came and went. Well, my Supercrewsound box that I ordered for these subs showed up on Friday, which got me thinking about the subs not showing up. I sent them an email about it. I waited a day or so and finally called. I was told that there was some kind of mix-up and that even though the UPS tracking number was sent, they never shipped it out, which doesn't make sense to me. I talk to the guy a bit longer and he was kind of passive about it like it was no big deal. He tried to get off the phone with no commitment. That is when I told him that I needed him to check his email and respond to me. After 3 or so more minutes of chatter, he takes my number. About three hours later, he calls and leaves me a voicemail and says that they are out of stock on the subs I ordered, and proceeds to tell me that there are several orders in front of me. Some sort of production issue. He offers to send me the 11kv.2 Dual 2's instead.

I need to call him back tomorrow and tell him what to do. Should I tell him to refund my money, or should I go with the Dual 2's. If I go with the dual 2's what is the impact to my system. I will be pushing them with a US Amps MD2D. Will that get me the sound I want to accompany my Germs?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Old 03-06-2007, 02:40 AM
id get what he owes you then get rid of it, like ive said in previous post regarding their business practices.

I was a rep for them and they screwed over alot of people regarding equipment not being resent to the customers and not refunding them.

personally im still owed $100 and someone i got 2 15s for owes him $300 because he never sent him replacements to defective subs.

good luck

Old 03-06-2007, 07:37 AM
Am I correct in seeing that your amp will do 1,030 @ 2ohms. That would be 515 per sub for D2 subs. You can do it, you just have to be a little careful. Set the gains properly and do not drive them in to distortion.

Sorry about the problems. I must be lucky. I have bought from them 3 times and always go what I needed in a couple of days. But, I have heard the horror stories.

Good luck.

Old 03-06-2007, 08:14 AM
I bought mine used from another member at CA.com

Old 03-06-2007, 09:34 AM
I want them to take me off their mailing list. I've requested at least 15 times and also clicked the link to be removed...yet I still get those emails from them.

Duke

Old 03-06-2007, 11:24 AM
This is why I wont buy ED products, nor will I recommend them. This is common practice for them. Along with the mailing list, the will send you and email stating that they have a great deal on something just to find out it's not a sale price. Very shady business practices and horrible customer service.

Get a refund if you can.

Old 03-06-2007, 03:32 PM
I have heard the stories but you have to keep in mind all companies have problems. I have ordered from the 3 times and never had a problem, their customer service was top notch and they were very polite and appologized for the problem that I was having with one of my subs 11kv.2 d2 I had one wire in the wrong location so it was my fault and not theirs. I will definatly be ordering from them again when I have another audio job because I dont think you can get better quality for the price.
Blake

Old 03-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by brypink2
This is why I wont buy ED products

Exactley what I thought when I saw this post...

Get a refund if you can.
x2

Old 03-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the ONLY think I will ever buy from them is sound deadener.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by jmt0645
the ONLY think I will ever buy from them is sound deadener.
I wouldn't even buy that from them

raammat FTW

Quick Reply: Elemental Designs Issue / Need Advice