Anyone Add Aftermarket Subwoofer to Expedition in Factory Location?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone Add Aftermarket Subwoofer to Expedition in Factory Location?

I currently have a '04 Eddie Bauer with the stinkin CD/cassette. I'm getting ready to install a Pioneer AVH-P6800DVD that has a 6 disc changer built in. I see that the Audiophile radio came with a sub. I was wondering if I could buy an aftermarket sub that would work in the factory location and if the factory wiring would be there despite my radio. I know they make a sub for the console and some offer a box for the cargo area, but I don't want to take up the console, or lose some cargo area. Sorry for the lengthy post, but I'm really needing some help on this one. Thanks.

-Funkster-

Old 02-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Bump.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:26 PM
Smile

Has anyone installed a sub in an Expedition? I'm thinking of trying to put one in the factory location, but could use a few pointers or someone's input on this. Thanks.

-Funkster-

Old 02-28-2007, 08:49 PM
I dont know much about expeditions. but honestly if i were you, i'd just get a simple box of 2 twelves and put it in the back. It wouldnt take up way to much room, and your sound quality would be 1000 times better. I believe after time; if you put a small sub where the current one is, you would hate it. But thats just my opinion. I hate bass i cannot here, and i have 2 10''s in a supercrew f150

B

Old 03-01-2007, 08:24 AM
Red face

With the Expedition, there's not much room behind the rear seat when the seats up. And I do use the back seat some, so I don't want it down all the time. Plus, the rear seat folds flat into the floor so I can't put any under the rear seat. I've thought about using a powered sub and just sitting it back there I guess. But I figured surely SOMEBODY has put a sub in an Expy that didn't have one, or done something else. But haven't found anyone yet.

-Funkster-

Old 03-05-2007, 01:51 PM
I am trying to do the same thing, my speaker blew out.

Old 03-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Wink

Let me know how it goes for you. How hard is it to take that back panel off? This might be something I try as well.

-Funkster-

Quick Reply: Anyone Add Aftermarket Subwoofer to Expedition in Factory Location?