What subs for DEEP bass??

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 08:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What subs for DEEP bass??

So if you followed the "deep bass" thread you know that Im not happy with my setup right now. I have 2 JL 10W6's ( the older style) and a Rockford Punch 800ma amp. The subs are in the musicmoose box under the back seat. The subs sound good, hit hard and tight. The problem is, they don't give me good deep bass. The music I listen to 90% of the time has deep bass in it. I know ive said this already but the last setup I had was two Alpine Type R10's powered by a US Amps US1000 amp. They were amazing and still are in my nephews Jeep. I have to say, the best set of subs I have ever owned.

My question is this..what subs can you guys recommend that will work in the musicmoose box? It has 2 seperate sealed chambers with .635 cu/ft per chamber and 5.5"mounting depth. I am looking for good clean bass that will hit hard but I really want the deep bass as well. I am also trying to do this and keep the amp. If I'm not gonna be able to get subs to do what im looking for with this amp I may just wait until after I get my lift and new wheels and then just go with a new amp and subs all together.

So what do you guys think??

This is what I have right now:
Alpine W200
Alpine Type R SPR-57LS fronts
Alpine Type R SPR-57LP rear
Alpine Fv-340amp ( fronts and rears)
2 JL 10W6 subs
Rockford Punch 800 (subs)
MusicMoose box
ALP1 Sirius

BREW

Last edited by BREWDUDE; 10-25-2006 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:34 AM
Nothing...

No one...

Notta...

Disappointed

BREW

Old 10-26-2006, 10:37 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Nope.

Old 10-26-2006, 10:38 AM
Seriously though...How much money are you looking to spend? You want two subs still? And is that amp 800 watts at 4 ohm bridged?

Old 10-26-2006, 11:15 AM
Hey brew... off the topic, sorry... but, Do you have any pics of your music moose box, do you have to use a seat lift to fit it under the back seat... also a good sub for shallow mount depth(brypink pointed me towards it) is an SI BM(sound integrity) its the SI Mag's little bro....

Last edited by BestNTx; 10-26-2006 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:34 PM
I know how you feel Brew. I have a Polk MOMO 10" and it sounds great at punchy bass but lacks at the very low end stuff I got accustom to with my old 12's. I hear it but not nearly the SPL level I'd like. I'm waiting on replies to post on other forums before I make a leap of faith jump to another 10" sub.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:51 PM
Bart....I want deep bass, so If I have to go to a 12' to do it, (if thats what you're suggesting) let me know what you're thinking. I'll get the specs on tha amp whem I get home, but I think you are correct with the 800 @ 4ohms. Also,,not that money is no object, but I'm willing to spend a few bucks to keep myself happy

Best....I dont have any pictures but I can take some when i get home tonight. I do not need a lift for the box and it fits nicely under the back seat.

Impact...let me know what yoo decide on. I'm going crazy without the bass I want.

BREW

Trending Topics

Old 10-26-2006, 01:27 PM
I would look at lifting the seat and getting an SI Mag 12". They are dual 2 ohm voice coils and would run on your amp nicely. I know there are at least 4 of us on here using them and we are all happy with them. They do go deep. The problem with the musicmoose box or any box without a lift is the limited mounting depth. There are some great 10" subs that will go deep but, they also require deep mounting depth. I would love to have the 10" IDMAX but, it will not even fit with the seat lift. The 12" mag is only 6.75" deep and will fit with a seat lift.

Old 10-26-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by BREWDUDE
Bart....I want deep bass, so If I have to go to a 12' to do it, (if thats what you're suggesting) let me know what you're thinking. I'll get the specs on tha amp whem I get home, but I think you are correct with the 800 @ 4ohms. Also,,not that money is no object, but I'm willing to spend a few bucks to keep myself happy
:

Nope, Im not saying you have to go to a 12 to get deep bass, a good 10 or two can knock your socks off, but 12's never hurt anyone
I think you would probably have to make your own box if you went with a 12 too, not sure that there are any nice prefabs out there that would work nice with a decent 12. Im really dont keep up with the prefab box's though, so you might find something that would work.
Again, Im not saying you have to go to a 12.

As Dconder said, the SI Mag is a nice sub that will get low and shake the heck out of everything. Also the Baby Mags (BMs ) as Next suggested. A pair of 10's would work pretty good off that amp, and they have a pretty shallow mounting depth (right around 5.5 inches IIRC). Im a lil biased towards SI as you can see lol.

Many other nice ones out there. One or two Sound Splinter RLP's, even a pair of Rli's, Im a bit of a sucker for Ascendant Audio too, although I have yet to hear thier newwer models, so I really cant comment on them. RE SE or two maybe...

Old 10-26-2006, 11:09 PM
Bart...can you point me in the right direction to look at these subs online or maybe a place that sells them. I did a google and all I come up with are chat rooms talking about them. Thanks

BREW

Old 10-27-2006, 12:51 AM
Old 10-27-2006, 01:44 AM
I went ahead and ordered a SI BM10 going to power it off my new JBL PX300 with 660w RMS. If that don't shake the dirt off the truck I don't think there's a 10 made can do it under stock seat conditions. Well at least not in a solo config. I won't be moving on to 12's for a while cause this was pretty expensive for a single 10.

Last edited by Impact9; 10-27-2006 at 01:56 AM.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by BREWDUDE
Bart...can you point me in the right direction to look at these subs online or maybe a place that sells them. I did a google and all I come up with are chat rooms talking about them. Thanks

BREW

Soundsplinter.com
Ascendantaudio.com
REaudio.com (buy these things used or on ebay, ever since they buyout price pretty much doubled on these things)

hawaiianblood has a link to SI, and audiojunkies.com is where you have to get them. Low-hz.com too, can get thier site to work though...

Old 10-29-2006, 01:08 PM
The problem is the box!!

Call JL and they will let you know what air space and design you need to acheive the sound you want. Many people do not use the proper encloser and lose sound. I have 1 JL 10W1 and I would be willing to bet it beats most peoples trucks with multiple subs or W7's. In my opinion JL w1's are the best sub JL makes provided it is in the perfect encloser, also you do not need the power you need with alot of other subs to acheive the same sound. You should call JL. https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?num=12268

Last edited by jkiacz; 10-29-2006 at 01:10 PM.

Quick Reply: What subs for DEEP bass??