Rear seat lift = louder subs ????

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 05:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear seat lift = louder subs ????

I currently have the supercrew sound dual 10" box in my 05/supercrew and would I get more sound if I raise the seat up as well as raise the box up to create more of a gap between the subs and the floor? Can anyone confirm this???

Thanks
Andy

Old 07-25-2006, 07:59 PM
i wouldnt believe that statement in the least

the reason people wiht seat lifts have louder setups is because they are able to fit higher quality, deeper equipment under the seats than what is available with the stock height seats.

kind of like shooting a wild boar with a rimfire vs a 308, having more room in your gun case doesnt mean the rimfire is going to kill the boar

Old 07-25-2006, 10:10 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If the sub surround is slapping the floor or something, then it would be a good idea to lift it, but just lifting it in hopes it will be louder is a waste of time and money if you ask me. Its POSSIBLE you could get a little gain;but not enough to make an audible difference.

Old 07-25-2006, 10:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bartak1
If the sub surround is slapping the floor or something, then it would be a good idea to lift it, but just lifting it in hopes it will be louder is a waste of time and money if you ask me. Its POSSIBLE you could get a little gain;but not enough to make an audible difference.
I pulled the carpet up and cut the pad out right where the sub sets, sprayed contact cement on the floor and carpet, replaced the carpet and pressed it out, picked up another 1/2" or so.. plus the pads is not absorbing sound now..

Last edited by F150Truck'in; 07-27-2006 at 06:01 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by Quickerthanu
I currently have the supercrew sound dual 10" box in my 05/supercrew and would I get more sound if I raise the seat up as well as raise the box up to create more of a gap between the subs and the floor? Can anyone confirm this???

Thanks
Andy
With my current setup, the speaker fires down into the carpet but it's not hitting the carpet... You might add a thin (1/8") or so of plexiglas under the speaker so the carpet don't absorb the sound; allowing the sound to bounce off the plex. I'm going to try that and see to what happens.

Old 07-27-2006, 09:11 AM
So anyone know how much a seat lift cost and a place to get one

Old 07-27-2006, 11:01 AM
Here is the one a lot of us get:

http://www.lmiwelding.com/kits_supercab.htm

Quick Reply: Rear seat lift = louder subs ????