loud subs

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 01:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
loud subs

hey guys, ok, ive had my music mose audio box for some time now, i just need to find 2 10s to fit it. what speaker is the best route to head towards?? im looking for something that will be LOUD!! they will be facing down of course, but i want something that will pound good. i have a MTX 250watt amp. it made my old 2 12s pound hard so im assuming it will do the same for some 10s.
any suggestions? crutchfeild has a deal for a pair of infinity perfect 10s buy one get one free, are these good subs
thanks
Bo

Last edited by bofer; 07-25-2006 at 01:31 AM.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:06 AM
Suspended
Infinity won't be loud, or special.

If you want loud and cheap and are ok with just "ok" SQ, go with kicker. Ugh, I can't believe I am advising someone to get kicker... lol

Old 07-25-2006, 02:46 AM
Originally Posted by bofer
hey guys, ok, ive had my music mose audio box for some time now, i just need to find 2 10s to fit it. what speaker is the best route to head towards?? im looking for something that will be LOUD!! they will be facing down of course, but i want something that will pound good. i have a MTX 250watt amp. it made my old 2 12s pound hard so im assuming it will do the same for some 10s.
any suggestions? crutchfeild has a deal for a pair of infinity perfect 10s buy one get one free, are these good subs
thanks
Bo

I have two 10" infinitys in my truck, In some boxes i made, There not great boxes and they dont sound to bad...But there are also the only subs i have ever had in my truck.....

Old 07-25-2006, 09:56 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
What price range are you looking to stay in? Also, what are the specs on that amp exactley? 250wrms bridged or what?

One last thing, how deep of sub can fit in that box?

Old 07-25-2006, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by Lumadar
Infinity won't be loud, or special.

If you want loud and cheap and are ok with just "ok" SQ, go with kicker. Ugh, I can't believe I am advising someone to get kicker... lol

lol we all do evil unspeakable things. go to audison or VIFA and look at some audio **** to make yourself feel better

honestly bofer i hate to sound liek a bandwagoner but you should probably just get in on the elemental designs group buy. for the money you really cant beat it, those woofers are small box optimized. your 12s were probably as loud as they wre because of hte size of your box. the small boxes will not turn heads.

Old 07-25-2006, 10:15 PM
Smile

Have you tried JL Audio? I have the stealthbox in my 97 F-150 and it pounds real nice. Also, what size is the box in cubic inches? Another good sub is the Rockford Fosgate "Punch" series, but a lot depends on what you willing to spend. Since you have the MTX amp, have you thought about the MTX "Thunder" Series Subs as well?

I managed 132.8 Db with the JL 10" Not bad considering the size of the cab.

1997 F-150 XLT SuperCab
Pioneer ODR Head Unit
Pioneer ODR 12 Disc CD Changer
Pioneer ODR Digital Processor
Pioneer ODR Digital to Analog Processor
2 x Precision Power PC 450 Amps 4 x 50 Watts
1 x JL Audio 250 Watt Amp
Dynaudio Tweets, Mids and Mid-Bass Speakers
JL Audio Center Console StealthBox with JL Audio 10W3D2 v2 Sub

Last edited by Timberwolf; 07-25-2006 at 10:26 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:44 PM
no offense but 132.8 dB on an accurate meter (termlab) is very hard to manage with a sealed enclosure, using a 10W3 or whatever JL packs.

Trending Topics

Old 07-25-2006, 11:00 PM
lol 132 and I'm bitching about 145

Old 07-25-2006, 11:49 PM
how do ED subs sound, are they loud, and what is the price, can someone send me a link??

Old 07-26-2006, 05:52 AM
your not gonna get loud with 2 10s and a 250 watt amp. hell to get my 2 RE SX10s to hit 143 took 1800watts and a 3 cu ft box then again I'm crazy and woll do whatever it takes to get loud and still retain some hope for sq

Old 07-26-2006, 08:59 AM
With all due respect to Socal858. I managed it during a SPL drag contest as part of an IASCA Sanctioned event at Crystal Mall in Waterford, CT in 1999. I haven't done it since. My system is geared toward sound quality not SPL. This is the same year I went to World Finals in Greenville, SC.

I surprised a lot of people, including myself, by having the second highest SPL in the class. It all depends on the BASS Track that you use and how much you have been playing the system for the day.

At the time my amp was a Carver/KLW 200 Watt amp into the sub. The sub was also the original 10w3 that came with the box, just installed the week of the show.

Last edited by Timberwolf; 07-26-2006 at 09:02 AM.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by Timberwolf
With all due respect to Socal858. I managed it during a SPL drag contest as part of an IASCA Sanctioned event at Crystal Mall in Waterford, CT in 1999. I haven't done it since. My system is geared toward sound quality not SPL. This is the same year I went to World Finals in Greenville, SC.

I surprised a lot of people, including myself, by having the second highest SPL in the class. It all depends on the BASS Track that you use and how much you have been playing the system for the day.

At the time my amp was a Carver/KLW 200 Watt amp into the sub. The sub was also the original 10w3 that came with the box, just installed the week of the show.
132 was decent back in 99. but it was also before the termlab. which means your score now would be lower

Old 07-26-2006, 10:52 AM
Your most likely right.

I don't compete anymore, because most of the cars I see nowadays are full of installs done by shops. Except for the original system that was put in back in 1996 by Goodman Audio of Bryn Mawr, PA, most of my install was shadetree.

Anyway, I don't have the time or the money to compete or to even get the system done the way I would like. I'd like to put my Dynaudio Mids up on the dash in the corners with the tweets in the little covers at the top of the door, and the Mid Basses down in the kick panels. But it comes down to moolah, and without a job, it's hard to do.

Old 07-26-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by Timberwolf
Your most likely right.

I don't compete anymore, because most of the cars I see nowadays are full of installs done by shops. Except for the original system that was put in back in 1996 by Goodman Audio of Bryn Mawr, PA, most of my install was shadetree.

Anyway, I don't have the time or the money to compete or to even get the system done the way I would like. I'd like to put my Dynaudio Mids up on the dash in the corners with the tweets in the little covers at the top of the door, and the Mid Basses down in the kick panels. But it comes down to moolah, and without a job, it's hard to do.

no offense taken, was just curious since 132 on TL seemed strange. glad to see youre oriented on SQ (impressed withthe dynadios)

Old 07-26-2006, 01:54 PM
If I remember correctly, I believe they were using Audio Control RTA's back then. As for my Dynaudio Speakers, I like them a lot better than MB Quart 'Q' Series for the level of SQ I was going for. Still like my stealthbox though, it still turns heads when people try to figure out where the bass is coming from. I woulndn't mind seeing how far my system would go on the TL unit. Once I get the right frequency when the sweep hits resonance, my eyeballs are vibrating as much as the mirrors.

Last edited by Timberwolf; 07-26-2006 at 02:04 PM.

Quick Reply: loud subs