Anyone mounted their amps behind rear seat on 04-05 SCREW?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 09:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone mounted their amps behind rear seat on 04-05 SCREW?

Just wondering if anyone has figured a way to mount their amps behind the rear seats on the cab wall in a 04-06 SCREW. I haven't figured out how to remove the rear seat back yet, but just by running my hands behind the seat, there appears to be a fair amount of room back there.

Old 07-21-2006, 09:14 AM
Do a search for rear seat removal. There is a lot of room back there & my amps run pretty cool. Mine are in a 06 supercrew. This was the first one I installed.

Old 07-21-2006, 10:27 AM
I'm about to do my amp install on Sat. Did you just screw those pieces of wood back there to absorb vibrations or is it so you have a flat surface to mount the amp too? Did you use sheet metal screws to screw the wood to the cab?

Thanks.

Old 07-21-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by Sun Burn
I'm about to do my amp install on Sat. Did you just screw those pieces of wood back there to absorb vibrations or is it so you have a flat surface to mount the amp too? Did you use sheet metal screws to screw the wood to the cab?

Thanks.
Pretty much yes to all of your questions. I just need to go back & put in some sound deading material now.

Old 07-21-2006, 01:56 PM
Thanks bro. I'm gonna have to get some sound deadening stuff too but I'm going to order from ebay and apply it later. It was 90 bux at circuit city to buy the pack for the back of the cab. I can wait a little while.

Old 07-28-2006, 10:55 PM
I have a Scab also and had no idea their would be that much room behind the rear seat. I was planning to mount a P600.1bd and P450.4 Rockford Fosgate amps under the small split seat. With the amps behind the seat I could run the ProBox doubble 10" down firing sub box I wanted in the first place.

Has anyone mounted their amps like this in a Scab? Have any pic?

Would I have the same amount of room behind the seat as the Super Crew?
I did a search for rear seat removal but turned up nothing.

Does anyone have a link please?

Old 07-28-2006, 11:18 PM
I started today and am going to finish in the morning installing a JL Audio 500/5 behind the seat of my 06 Screw. laid down some dynamat extreme on the back wall and then hung a board 12"x20" of 3/4 MDF screwed into the two supports that run horizontal along the top. Didnt want mess around with screw placement anywhere below that (dont need them sticking through the back of the cab) the 500/5 is a rather large amp but I did a preliminary install and the seat fits back on. I cant tell if the amp is making contact with the seat back (minimal if it is) and I hope I dont have a heat problem (probably more than enough air back there) Going to place dynamat back over the board and screw the amp down. Have to run the MB Quart x-overs vertically running down a 6" x19" board which runs parallel to the seat belt tower, I had to move the alarm box over an inch but no probs. Hope this works as well as I plan.

Trending Topics

Old 07-28-2006, 11:37 PM
Muddyape

The solid sheet of MDF sounds like the way to go. Good luck with the install. How did you find out how to remove the rear seat back? Post some pix if you get the chance.

Old 07-29-2006, 12:18 AM
Gordonmerrill.com was where I found how to remove the seat, great site...look through it you'll find the link to rear seat removal. Biggest thing I can suggest is be sure to push down as your trying to pop the hook with a screwdriver or the like. This helps to disengage. Also, use wireties to hold the hooks back while you try seat fitment etc. When your done remove the ties and secure the seat. Sorry I couldnt just post a link to the site but I dont know how. He posts here so I dont think he'll mind. Later

Old 07-29-2006, 10:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dallas Subguns
I have a Scab also and had no idea their would be that much room behind the rear seat. I was planning to mount a P600.1bd and P450.4 Rockford Fosgate amps under the small split seat. With the amps behind the seat I could run the ProBox doubble 10" down firing sub box I wanted in the first place.

Has anyone mounted their amps like this in a Scab? Have any pic?

Would I have the same amount of room behind the seat as the Super Crew?
I did a search for rear seat removal but turned up nothing.

Does anyone have a link please?
my Scab install, more pics in my gallery

Old 07-29-2006, 11:40 AM
Thanks Muddyape. (to add a link, open webb page you wish to link in new window. Higlight address, click on edit, copy, close that window, click back on the post or message where you want the link in the message, go back to edit, click on post and boom http://www.gordonmerrill.com/ you got a link.) All I found was a email form at this address.

150 Truck'in thats friggin unbeleavable. Thanks for the pic, looks like you got a awesome system going their.

Old 07-29-2006, 12:23 PM
Sorry about that.....I have it listed as a favorite, might be an old link.

Last edited by Muddyape; 07-29-2006 at 12:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone mounted their amps behind rear seat on 04-05 SCREW?