Help ....98 supercab speaker set up Question ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 11:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow Help ....98 supercab speaker set up Question ?

Ok, on my 98' supercab I Have installed 2 Type 'R' 10's in a {temporary box untill i make the permanant one} the subs are down fireing and each one powered by a MRD 605 Alpine V -12 amp, I have put a pair of Alpine type 'R' components (SPR 17 ls) in the front doors with the tweeter monted in the mirror cover area these are powered by a Alpine V-12 MRD and it does well but my origanal thought was to put another comonent set (same as the front ones) in the rear doors but the door panel is too tight on them, so I put a set of Jl 5x7's in thier and I find its too weak so, my question is Instead of the 5x7's in the rear, If I put a set of The Q logic kick panels in the front with a pair of 5 1/4 component set's in thier and kept the type 'R'"s in the doors do you think this would do well, or would it be too bright with all those tweeters up there and also, any suggestions on a pair of 5 1/4's ?

any input is apperciated Thanks

Last edited by SKRWZ; 03-07-2006 at 11:48 PM.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are you just looking for more volume or better sound quality or better staging or....?

Old 03-08-2006, 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by nothinbutaford
are you just looking for more volume or better sound quality or better staging or....?
Well first I figure the one amp is a four channel so i may as well use what i paid for and also added volume would be nice too, but at the same time I dont want to mess up the sound of it either.

Hope that makes sense

Old 03-08-2006, 12:13 AM
USE THAT 4 CHANNEL AS A 2 FOR THE FRONTS run the rears off radio power. You will get a lot more volume and better sound stage and it won't screw anything up at all. All that and it's free to do

Old 03-08-2006, 01:06 AM
The thing is when you have the system cranked up you cant even hear the rears and no one sits back there either so thats why i thought to get rid of them, and i still have a set of Alpine type 'R' components (SPR 17 ls) in the box and thats why i thought of using those or a set of 5 1/4 component's in a set of the Q form kick panels

Old 03-08-2006, 01:16 AM
If you put those speakers in a set of q forms the tweeters are probably(I would guess definately) going to conflict with each other. You may be able to tame it some with tweeter levels etc. but its an aweful lot of work to have it not work right. Also you would be giving up foot room and since qforms are not sealed and there isn't a whole lot of room to do that there they also will not give you any more bass. And lastly by running the amp in 4 channel mode you won't get quite as much volume as running in 2 channel cause the efficiancy goes down. As far as the backs, when you have people in the back you prob won't have the radio up that loud anyway and if you do, you won't be able to hear them complain I hate to see anyone not use equipment they already have but in this case I would say sell!

Old 03-08-2006, 01:49 AM
That's what i was thinking orignally, that the tweeters would be fighting each other, as for people in the back seat it'll be fun to rattle thier skull with BASS and for running the Alpine MRD-345 amp you mean by running it in 2 channel mode that is done by wiring it differntly or just using 2 of the 4 channels ? ...and the other compontents i have in the box here well they can be spare parts or theres always e bay thats all well and ok as long as it all pounds good

Thanks for the reply

Old 03-08-2006, 11:26 PM
yes you do need to rewire the amp but only the spkr wires. you want to run each set of channels bridged and you may have to flip a switch and unplug 2 of the rca's, depending on how its set up now. In the end you want 2 channels bridged to the left front and the other 2 channels bridged to the right front.

Quick Reply: Help ....98 supercab speaker set up Question ?