Focal 6.5's...these worth the $ ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by styxnpicks
i'm going to run the 2 autotex xs900.2's i've had FOREVER. they are my workhorses. not high end but they will do. I plann on running each 2 ohm VC to its own amp. now lets hope nothing goes wrong
I got my fingers crossed. Get some pics up when the project is rolling and maybe a video of it in action.

Old 03-04-2006, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by brypink2
I actually thought about dumping my rear fill (which are another pair of Utopias), selling both pair of Utopias and getting a pair of Rainbow Power Line CS 275.27 and run them active. I'm not sure if I can get those humongous mids to fit though. LOL I've never experimented with with an active set-up but would like to. I'm kinda in the same boat as you...no one is in the back seat the majority of the time. The kids get back there ocassionally, but not that much.

BTW, what set-up are you building the box for?
Call me crazy, but a set of focal utopia components aren't what I'd quite call "rear fill". That makes for one hell of a sound stage throughout.
I have a set of clarion coaxes 5x7 running off my clarion HU in my truck and believe me, thats purely rear fill.

Now If'n I had utopias in the front and in the rear, both amped, that is what I'd call saweet!

You thinking about selling a set?

Old 03-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by bigrobrn
Call me crazy, but a set of focal utopia components aren't what I'd quite call "rear fill". That makes for one hell of a sound stage throughout.
I have a set of clarion coaxes 5x7 running off my clarion HU in my truck and believe me, thats purely rear fill.

Now If'n I had utopias in the front and in the rear, both amped, that is what I'd call saweet!

You thinking about selling a set?
I might be selling both sets, unsure at this time.

Old 12-09-2006, 04:47 PM
i have my Focal 6.5 165 CV1 and 165 V1, but can't get them in the truck yet. i have not tried the front doors yet, decided to start on the back doors, and the adpater plate i ordered weparately does not fit around the focals, and there is too much to dremel out, so i'm thinking of now trying to make an adapter out of mdf or something... or just get a good dremel, mine is battery operated and loses charge after a few minutes!!

but, i did hook the speaker up outside the door and tested one of them, and they do sound alot better than the stock.. i was trying the stock and then switiching to the focal quickly, and a big difference is clear

Quick Reply: Focal 6.5's...these worth the $ ?