Speaker Set Up!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaker Set Up!

I have a 2001 F150 Extended cab and i was wondering a few things. Are the stock door speakers (5x7) powered by an amp? If so then if I replaced the door speakers can I use that amp to power them? I am thinking about getting 2 pairs of polk db570 and use the stock amp to power them. I am also wondering if this set up would work -----------> 2 alpine type e 12" subs powered by profile ap1200 amp with the 200x2 ratio. please email me back if this set up would work?

Should i get the alpine type e subs or the rockford fosgate punch stage 1 12"?

Old 04-08-2005, 06:22 PM
also what would be a good setup? should i get a box that will hold 2 10" and get which 2 subs? and do i need a different reciever?also can i change the speakers in my doors and then hook up an amp that will power those with about 60w a piece? what size are the speakers in the doors? i have heard 5x7 and 6x8

Old 04-08-2005, 06:39 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Chances are your speakers arent powed by an amp, but some are. Mine didnt so Im not real sure how to tell if you have one or not. Someone will say.

Front and rear speaker sizes are 5x7. 6x8's fit to, but you dont see many 6x8 speakers much.

If you dont mind not having back speakers, just get rid of them and put a nice pair of component speakers in the front. Unless you like the way it sound with the rear fill that the back speakers provide, thats what I would do. Just put the fade all the way to the front and see what it sounds like.
I just have front speakers, 2 subs in the back, and once you turn it up I cant even tell theres no back speakers.

For subs-Type E's-very entry level. The buy one get one free type sub. If you want to save a lot of money, go for it, but theres a lot better out there.

You dont need a new HU, but it never hurt(if you get a good one)

Whats your budget on everything?

Old 04-08-2005, 06:55 PM
i have $630 but i dont want to spend that much on a system, i want to spend as least as i can, i still want to put some tires, lift,flows,k&n on my truck, so i am just kinda looking to make it sound good with out too much money put into it, i am also thinking about putting rockford fosgate stage 2 (2 10" subs) in a box instead of type e

Old 04-09-2005, 07:01 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Id go with the RF P2's over the Type E any day.

If you want good cheap amp, look at US Acoustics. Get one for your subs, and a 2 channel for some nice coaxial or component speakers for the front.

Thats the cheapest way to do it, and its all you really need. If you want go with a 4 channel and get new rear speakers too.

Old 04-10-2005, 08:37 AM
hey man , dont forget ebay!! i noy have a MTX Thunderform under the back ds seat and my 01 supercrew. rf 301s amp pushing that single 10. this set up rocks much more than i thought it would. i got everything but the amp kit for $348.50. do your homework on sellers and idems, then rack up!!!

Old 04-11-2005, 11:18 PM
so what speakers should i get inside my doors? i am going to get front and back doors, i think i am going to go with rockford fosgate 6x8, what does the 2-way mean?

Old 04-12-2005, 12:13 AM
2 way means that there is both the tweeter and the woofer. all though @ 6x8 i cant see much bass comming from it. that is ok though, you dont need those paeakers trying to produce your bass if u haev subs covering that.

Quick Reply: Speaker Set Up!