Speaker Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 05:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaker Replacement

I have a 05 Scab with audiophile. Is it worth just upgrading the speakers in front and back. Also if so what would you guys say would be a good replacement.

Old 04-03-2005, 05:21 PM
speakers

well, as you may read in posts or if you go use the search function- just about any aftermarket speaker is going to be nicer than supplied. if you plan on expanding the system- ie adding amps, subs etc, then, yes by all means replace your speakers. if you are just wanting to replace speakers for fun and games- new ones will sound a bit better, but your audiophile system isnt that bad. as for brands, search around...infinity and alpine are common

Old 04-03-2005, 07:04 PM
I'm going to say this just in case brbsta is a total newbie to audio and doesn't know Diamond Audio from Blitz, or Linear Power from Soundstorm. The general statement that "just about any aftermarket speaker is going to be nicer than supplied" can be very wrong. For example, the audiophile system stock speakers are not that bad when compared to the speakers I saw at the flea market yesterday. They were some "no name" 5x7 that handled 240 watts and cost $9.99/pair. Imagine how those would sound AND how long they would last. On the other hand, compared to a Seas Lotus Reference system that costs almost $1000, the audiophile speakers wouldn't be so great. It's all relative to what's being compared.

Old 04-03-2005, 07:21 PM
agreed- should have classified the statement

Old 04-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Actaully I know tons of audio. Have Boston Pros JL W7 and 2 JL amps 100/1 and a 4 channel in another car. This is just alease and want to get a little better quality out of it with totally doing the whole thing. Right now im lookin at the Alpine SPS-570A or Alpine R series. Do you think those would be a big improvemnt over the stock ones.

Old 04-03-2005, 07:42 PM
personally, yea i like alpine, i think those would be nice...but thats me they're near 300 w max handling $200 +/- for the pair i believe? guess im not as audio saavy as 97 (above) alpine may be pretty crappy if you're going with some $1000 series...

Quick Reply: Speaker Replacement