Factory look, w/good sound Screw

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 10:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory look, w/good sound Screw

For those of you who like the factory look for your truck, but want good inexpensive sound, I have a suggestion for your Supercrew. I replaced my factory speakers with Ford/JBL premium 5x7's that I found on ebay for a little of nothing. They drop right in and already had the original pigtails which hooked right up to my factory wiring. I bought a custom 10" subbox from Proboxx Rocks for around $150 and installed a 10" Kenwood sub I picked up from Etronics for $60 w/shipping. I am pushing the box with a Rockford Fosgate 351 mono amp that I already had. The factory HU keeps the stock look and pushes the JBL speakers fine for my taste. The Kenwood (2509 I believe) sub sounds great. THe Proboxx is trick looking, but it does stick out from the seat about 2". It doesn't fit nearly as well as my MTX Thunderform did in my 01 Supercrew, but I'm still very happy with it. Also, I have seen much discussion on this board as to where to mount your amp. I mounted mine to the bottom of my passenger's rear seat. My amp was small enough to fit and allow the seat to go back down. Do a test run before trying this....

Old 03-26-2005, 03:19 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Good advice. Did you mount that amp upside down-thats kind of what I got from it. If so you might want to keep an eye on that amp for over heating. Mounting it upside down doesnt work will for heat disapation, and those older sytle Rockford amps get HOT!

I had a 301s rockford that I could probably fry a steak on ater 30 minutes of music!

Old 03-30-2005, 09:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
poperebel-

Could you send me an e-mail. I have a quick question for you about the jbl speakers taht you got on ebay. Your idea has given me an idea to do the same but I had a question about the wiring. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Factory look, w/good sound Screw