Supercrew Custom Box.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 07:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supercrew Custom Box.....

IS FINALLY DONE!!!!!!! I did everything all by myself!!!!!! I still have to secure the back molding in, but it's all downhill from here!!!! In the first pic you can see my "custom" seat lift.

Old 03-17-2005, 10:10 PM
I'm using my very first post to tell you thats a darndiddlyarn fine job!

I am currently looking at my options for the 01 Screw I just got 2 weeks ago for subs.

A couple of questions:

1. was the seat lift necessary to make your box fit? If so, what did you use for the seat lift?

2. Will some of the factory molding still fit into place above the box, or are you having something custom done ? If its custom, how much is that running you?

3. Will you post the plans for building this box?

Gracias Amigo!

Old 03-17-2005, 10:23 PM
1. The seat lift wasn't totally necessary...I could've made my box thinner, but I would've had to sacrifice with less airspace & mounting depth;which would've gave me fewer options on subs.

2. I can cut my existing molding, but I am going to go to a junkyard & get another one & cut it that way I can save mine....just in case...

3. I don't have the exact plans...I did draw it up on paper, but did alot of it in my head...kinda cut & measured as I went. I will do anything to help you though! I will make up something & post it ASAP!

Old 03-17-2005, 10:57 PM
This is what I could re-measure...I have already covered my box with carpet & threw my origional drawing away ..The angles are 25 degree..I would get a bevel, I couldn't have done it without it! I also would take measurements of your truck as well!!!

Supplies U need:
1. 3/4 MDF $23 (6x8 sheet)
2. Liquid nails $2.97(construction grade)
3. 2" coarse thread drywall screws

Last edited by bamacpl; 03-17-2005 at 11:01 PM.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:13 PM
Wow, already posted back some info...awesome!

So what did you use for the seat lift?

Also, I went back and searched your previous posts and found that you were debating on some different subs...what did you end up goin with? Amp?

Did you end up using polyfill?

Now the real question...How's it sound?

Sorry for all the questions. I just really want some bass!

Tune in for my next post when we continue playing 20 annoying questions about sub boxes for the total newb!

Old 03-18-2005, 12:09 AM
For the seat lift I bought a piece of 1/2" pipe & cut it into 2" pieces.

For the subs I decided to go with 10" Rockford Fosgate stage 2.... 4 ohm & a Rockford Fosgate 1500 watt amp.

I am gonna experiment with the polyfill, as for the sound I haven't got it all hooked up yet...I still got to install my deck & get rid of the factory disc changer. I will let you know though when I get it all hooked up!

Feel free to ask anything....I will help out as much as I can. I wish I would have kept the box demensions, I just got caught up in the moment & forgot to write it all down. I got my box idea from the www.musicmoose.com box.

Old 03-20-2005, 12:50 AM
So ya hook that thing up yet?

How's it sound?

Old 03-20-2005, 10:25 AM
I took the 4 ohm subs back & got 8 ohms instead & it sounds VERY good!!! I wired the 8 ohm subs in parallel. I am still gonna experiment with the polyfill. Also, I am going to replace all my factory door speakers & install another amp for them. Overall it sounds real good though.

Old 03-27-2005, 06:53 AM
Can the same style box be used in the 04/05 supercrew? I don't think the new back seat folds down like that but I would sure like to know if its possible!

Thanks

Old 03-27-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by anollmann
Can the same style box be used in the 04/05 supercrew? I don't think the new back seat folds down like that but I would sure like to know if its possible!

Thanks
I'm not sure...I've never seen the back seat in an 04/05? You would just have to measure it.

Sorry & Good Luck!!

Quick Reply: Supercrew Custom Box.....