Subs popping when powered up

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 01:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me get this straight. You swapped head units and the problem was still there? If so, you definately have some wiring issue. Are you using the factory door wiring or did you run fresh wires when you installed your system?

Try running new wires from your head unit to the rear door speakers. Don't bother installing the wires. Just drape them over the seats and hook them to your speakers. Test the system. If the sound returns to normal then you have a wiring problem and you should run new wire.

Let me know how it goes.

Mike

Old 03-20-2005, 06:16 PM
Yeah I was thinking the same thing that its wiring. Im gona get some wire from work and I was actually gona test it that way too. That wires gotta be grounded out somewhere. We'll find out.... I'll keep ya posted. Thanks!

Old 03-24-2005, 06:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

There is a switch on the bottom of the HU that sets it up for 2 way or 3 way operation.

In your case I think you want the switch set on the 2 way setting.

It changes the output characteristics of the RCA's to support different driver configurations.

Glad the Remote wire cured your 1st problem.

If you are paying someone for this install, demand a refund... they obviously don't know much about installation.

Old 03-24-2005, 07:08 PM
Nah that was my fault when I first installed the box in my truck. I didnt have an aftermarket headunit and I was using the factory one. So I tapped into the red 12v wire for the amp. When I had the old alpine headunit installed I asked them to put it on the remote wire.... Guess what, they didnt. Oh well it was a free install. So when I put my newer Alpine in I did fixed it b/c this sites help. Thanks guys

Quick Reply: Subs popping when powered up