Bazooka subs any good?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-1999, 07:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bart, when you get the time, would you send me the dimensions on your JL box under your console, also any mods that had to be done.
Are you the one that had to lift his console up a inch or two?
I'll be out of town for the next ten days.....Maybe??? Another hurricane (FLOYD) coming, it will diffently hit NC coast,why??? cause i'll be there....Take Care

------------------
Dogcam
dogcam@myf150.com
97 Lariat s/c 4x2 5.4
all mods off, turning it
in for a new 00

dog46cam@webtv.net

Old 09-10-1999, 05:56 AM
Hi dogcam,

Sorry, I don't have the dimensions but I can tell you about the install and other particulars.

The JL stealth Box is a custom enclosure made only for the 150's with captains chairs. It fills up the inside of the console. It is a dense, heavy material (not plastic), with a smooth finish. It has the storage tray molded into the top (about three inches deep) and uses JL's new W3 10" sub.
To install, simply remove the console and it's inner shell; bolt the Stealth box to the floor (no mods or holes to drill as it uses the existing console mount), hook up the wires; and install the original console over the Stealthbox. It does raise the console about an inch (so that sweet base can get out). You really don't even see that unless you lay on the floor and stare at it. It's first rate all the way and sounds better than I would have believed.

When you open the lid of the console you have a nice carpeted storage tray that looks factory.

I have heard several subboxes with one or two 8 inch subs and there is a big difference with the 10 inch JL. The base is lower and deeper.

Please don't misunderstand my comments, I'm sure others have tuned their systems to sound as good as this and I'm not putting down anyones ideas. Probably you can come very close for less bucks. However, for a system engineered by experts specifically for your truck, that sounds awesome and is easy to install, the JL is one fine choice.

P.S. ...No, I don't work for them and sorry for such a long post.

Best to ya,
Bart

------------------
1999 F-150 4x4 XLT SuperCab, Black clearcoat (w/dark graphite interior), Sport Package, 5.4, auto, 3.55, skid plates, Air, Electronic shift 4 X 4, 4 wheel disc antilock, captain's chairs, power driver's seat, cd, keyless entry, Autolamp, tow package, rear slider, tinted windows, Cab Steps.

Mods: Gibson 3" catback, K & N filter, JL Stealthbox subwoofer in center console, Phoenix Gold XS4300 amp, Pioneer TS-A6815 speakers, tinted front windows, LINE-X bedliner, Ford bug deflector

[This message has been edited by Bart (edited 09-10-1999).]

Old 09-30-1999, 01:45 PM
I just installed Bazook'a internally amped 6" tube behind the passenger seat in my 99 Lightning.

I also replaced the factory "speakers" with Kenwood coaxial 5x8's in the stock locations.

When I play my Pink Floyd CD's the tube stays right with the extreme lows they provide w/o crackling or booming. In a reg cab truck, it makes with great sound on only one tube without vibrating the mirrors so badly I can't see out of them

Just my .02 worth.....

------------------
Chuck 'Wyldman' Shelton
Black 99.5 Lightning
Lojack
Superchipped!
G-Tech/Pro
SnugLid
BedRug
Invinca-Shield, full kit.
NOS KIT Being installed! - that RT is gonna wish he never sandbagged me!
Clear Lexan fog light covers
wyldman@houston.rr.com

Old 09-30-1999, 03:16 PM
Wyldman, you think a 6" gets down, try a 8" with a 100 watt amp, kick a$$ sound, really down and dirty in that reg cab........
Need one, got one 8" RS brand new and and a 100 watt alpine amp,sell cheap, if interested e-mail me.....

------------------
DOGCAM
2000 F150 Lariat flareside 4X2
S/C

5.4, 3.55 Ls, Tow Pack, Captain
Chairs, White clearcoat/w
harvest gold & wedgewood blue accent,17"X8"
BFG T/As 275x60s on chrome wheels
Mods:K&N Filter, True duals
(Dynomax) with 3.5 chrome
tips out behind the rear
wheels
dog46cam@webtv.net
dogcam@myf150.com

Old 10-16-1999, 01:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

I didn't realize how weak those 6.5" tubes were till I installed my AWC10s

Old 10-26-1999, 12:58 AM
HELP! I have a Bazooka 8" RS amplified pulled from an previously owned truck. It will not fit under the seat of my 97 ext. cab. Has anyone tried to "rebox" a bazooka amp and sub into a custom box. I can't lay out the $ for a pre-made one at this time and any suggestions would be appreciated!
Darin

------------------

97 F150 Lariat 4X4 Ext. Cab. 5.4, AT, Gibson Side Swept, K&N, Bosch Platinum +4's (Both doors cracked:-( )

Old 10-26-1999, 02:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

I don't see why this couldn't work.
As long as you kept the same airspace and tuning freq it should work.
However I think you would be better off selling them and using the $$ to buy some 10" subs and an amp.
The 10" subs would be superior to the bazookas anyway.

------------------
99 XLT 5.4L reg cab 4x2 120" Wheelbase 4 wheel disc brakes/ABS 5 star larait style wheels Toreador Red/Silver 3.55 gears 255/70/16 OWL Delta toolbox
Eclipse 5340 cd player
Memphis ARCS50 component speakers w/tweeters mounted flush in the door panels (excellent sound)powered by a Sherwood 35x2 RMS amp
Jensen 50x2 RMS for the 2 Audiobahn AWC10 subs
Looking for reasonably priced used running boards
54regcab@duesouth.net in Columbia SC

Quick Reply: Bazooka subs any good?